Обсуждение: initdb check_need_password fix

initdb check_need_password fix

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
If you run initdb -A md5, you get an error

initdb: must specify a password for the superuser to enable md5 authentication

In 9.2, when you run something like initdb --auth-local=peer
--auth-host=md5, you still get that error, which I think is a mistake.
The error should only be shown if both authentication choices are
password-like.  Hence I propose the attached patch.

Вложения

Re: initdb check_need_password fix

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> If you run initdb -A md5, you get an error
>
> initdb: must specify a password for the superuser to enable md5 authentication
>
> In 9.2, when you run something like initdb --auth-local=peer
> --auth-host=md5, you still get that error, which I think is a mistake.
> The error should only be shown if both authentication choices are
> password-like.  Hence I propose the attached patch.

Looks right to me.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company