Обсуждение: New Postgres committer: Kevin Grittner

New Postgres committer: Kevin Grittner

Дата:
I am pleased to announce that Kevin Grittner has accepted the core
committee's invitation to become our newest committer.  As you all
know, Kevin's done a good deal of work on the project over the past
couple of years.  We judged that he has the requisite skills,
dedication to the project, and a suitable degree of caution to be
a good committer.  Please join me in welcoming him aboard.
        regards, tom lane

Re: New Postgres committer: Kevin Grittner

От
Michael Glaesemann
Дата:
On Jun 7, 2012, at 18:15, Tom Lane wrote:

> I am pleased to announce that Kevin Grittner has accepted the core
> committee's invitation to become our newest committer.  As you all
> know, Kevin's done a good deal of work on the project over the past
> couple of years.  We judged that he has the requisite skills,
> dedication to the project, and a suitable degree of caution to be
> a good committer.  Please join me in welcoming him aboard.

Congratulations, Kevin! Well-deserved!

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net

Re: New Postgres committer: Kevin Grittner

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
On 7 June 2012 23:15, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I am pleased to announce that Kevin Grittner has accepted the core
> committee's invitation to become our newest committer.  As you all
> know, Kevin's done a good deal of work on the project over the past
> couple of years.  We judged that he has the requisite skills,
> dedication to the project, and a suitable degree of caution to be
> a good committer.  Please join me in welcoming him aboard.

Kevin, with great power comes great responsibility.  In other words
your workload has just gone up. ;)

You'll be a great addition to the existing team of committers.
--
Thom

Re: New Postgres committer: Kevin Grittner

От
Peter Geoghegan
Дата:
On 7 June 2012 23:15, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Please join me in welcoming him aboard.

Congratulations, Kevin.

Re: New Postgres committer: Kevin Grittner

От
Peter Geoghegan
Дата:
On 7 June 2012 23:40, Peter Geoghegan <peter@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 7 June 2012 23:15, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Please join me in welcoming him aboard.
>
> Congratulations, Kevin.

Idle thought for the web team: Now might be a good time to take down
the blurb on .org in which Kevin describes the mailing list support as
amazing.  :-)

Re: New Postgres committer: Kevin Grittner

От
Jaime Casanova
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Please join me in welcoming him aboard.

Congratulations Kevin

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación

Re: New Postgres committer: Kevin Grittner

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 7:09 PM, Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Please join me in welcoming him aboard.
>>

> Congratulations Kevin

+1.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: New Postgres committer: Kevin Grittner

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
Congratulations Kevin!
Services

Re: New Postgres committer: Kevin Grittner

От
Cédric Villemain
Дата:
Le vendredi 8 juin 2012 00:15:23, Tom Lane a écrit :
> I am pleased to announce that Kevin Grittner has accepted the core
> committee's invitation to become our newest committer.  As you all
> know, Kevin's done a good deal of work on the project over the past
> couple of years.  We judged that he has the requisite skills,
> dedication to the project, and a suitable degree of caution to be
> a good committer.  Please join me in welcoming him aboard.

very good news!
Congratulations Kevin.
--
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
http://2ndQuadrant.fr/

Re: New Postgres committer: Kevin Grittner

От
Boszormenyi Zoltan
Дата:
> I am pleased to announce that Kevin Grittner has accepted the core
> committee's invitation to become our newest committer.  As you all
> know, Kevin's done a good deal of work on the project over the past
> couple of years.  We judged that he has the requisite skills,
> dedication to the project, and a suitable degree of caution to be
> a good committer.  Please join me in welcoming him aboard.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Congratulations!

--
----------------------------------
Zoltán Böszörményi

Re: New Postgres committer: Kevin Grittner

От
David Fetter
Дата:
Kudos!

Well-earned :)

Cheers,
David.
On Thu, Jun 07, 2012 at 06:15:23PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I am pleased to announce that Kevin Grittner has accepted the core
> committee's invitation to become our newest committer.  As you all
> know, Kevin's done a good deal of work on the project over the past
> couple of years.  We judged that he has the requisite skills,
> dedication to the project, and a suitable degree of caution to be
> a good committer.  Please join me in welcoming him aboard.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Remember to vote!

Re: New Postgres committer: Kevin Grittner

От
"David E. Wheeler"
Дата:
On Jun 7, 2012, at 3:15 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

> Please join me in welcoming him aboard.

Woo, congrats, Kevin!

David

Re: New Postgres committer: Kevin Grittner

От
Daniel Farina
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 3:15 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I am pleased to announce that Kevin Grittner has accepted the core
> committee's invitation to become our newest committer.

I have 99 problems, but this ain't one.[0]

[0]: This is a song reference.

--
fdr

Re: New Postgres committer: Kevin Grittner

От
Christopher Browne
Дата:

Re: New Postgres committer: Kevin Grittner

От
Fujii Masao
Дата:
On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 7:15 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I am pleased to announce that Kevin Grittner has accepted the core
> committee's invitation to become our newest committer.

Wow! Congrats, Kevin!

Fujii Masao

Re: New Postgres committer: Kevin Grittner

От
Vik Reykja
Дата:
I am pleased to announce that Kevin Grittner has accepted the core
committee's invitation to become our newest committer.  As you all
know, Kevin's done a good deal of work on the project over the past
couple of years.  We judged that he has the requisite skills,
dedication to the project, and a suitable degree of caution to be
a good committer.  Please join me in welcoming him aboard.

Congrats, Kevin!  I think you'll make a wonderful addition to the core team.

Re: New Postgres committer: Kevin Grittner

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 1:04 AM, Peter Geoghegan <peter@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 7 June 2012 23:40, Peter Geoghegan <peter@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> On 7 June 2012 23:15, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> Please join me in welcoming him aboard.
>>
>> Congratulations, Kevin.
>
> Idle thought for the web team: Now might be a good time to take down
> the blurb on .org in which Kevin describes the mailing list support as
> amazing.  :-)

Should we, though?

We have quotes from e.g. Simon in the list as well - just because he's
a commiter doesn't make it any less valid, does it?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: New Postgres committer: Kevin Grittner

От
Dimitri Fontaine
Дата:
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> I am pleased to announce that Kevin Grittner has accepted the core
> committee's invitation to become our newest committer.

I'm hesitant whether to congratulate more the community for gaining
Kevin or Kevin for joining as a commiter :) In short, +1 !

Dimitri Fontaine