Обсуждение: Stalled post to pgsql-committers

Stalled post to pgsql-committers

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
I'm not subscribed to pgsql-committers, but apparently under the new
git-enabled setup, I'm getting a "Stalled post to pgsql-committers"
message for every commit.  Fix that please.

Re: Stalled post to pgsql-committers

От
Heikki Linnakangas
Дата:
On 25/09/10 19:43, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I'm not subscribed to pgsql-committers, but apparently under the new
> git-enabled setup, I'm getting a "Stalled post to pgsql-committers"
> message for every commit.  Fix that please.

Just subscribe with 'nomail'. That's what I did.

Re: Stalled post to pgsql-committers

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 15:39, Heikki Linnakangas
> On 25/09/10 19:43, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>>
>> I'm not subscribed to pgsql-committers, but apparently under the new
>> git-enabled setup, I'm getting a "Stalled post to pgsql-committers"
>> message for every commit.  Fix that please.
>
> Just subscribe with 'nomail'. That's what I did.

Yeah, that's what you need to do. I would guess you were previously
subscribed as peter@postgresql.org, but the git commit scrpit sends
(with or without nomail).

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Re: Stalled post to pgsql-committers

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 10:08, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On sön, 2010-09-26 at 17:11 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 15:39, Heikki Linnakangas
>> <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

>> > Just subscribe with 'nomail'. That's what I did.
>>
>> Yeah, that's what you need to do. I would guess you were previously
>> subscribed as peter@postgresql.org, but the git commit scrpit sends
>> (with or without nomail).
>
> No, that address was not subscribed to that list.  There must have been
> some other mechanism at work.
>
> Btw., I think it would be more proper if the commit notifications
> contained a header like
>
> Sender: git@gitmaster.postgresql.org
>
> so that they don't give a false impression about the origin of the
> message.

We discussed that before, and it was a very clear requirement that
they were sent from the committer, and not from git@.

And FWIW, majordomo does it's filtering on From and not Sender, so it
wouldn't make a difference just changing Sender, it'd need to change
From. We could probably add a X-<something> header to it if what
you're looking for is a way to filter them client side?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Re: Stalled post to pgsql-committers

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On ons, 2010-09-29 at 10:19 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Btw., I think it would be more proper if the commit notifications
> > contained a header like
> >
> > Sender: git@gitmaster.postgresql.org
> >
> > so that they don't give a false impression about the origin of the
> > message.
>
> We discussed that before, and it was a very clear requirement that
> they were sent from the committer, and not from git@.

This not really a matter of taste or policy, it's about RFC 822
correctness and not impostering people.  You would of course keep the
From header.

Re: Stalled post to pgsql-committers

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:

Sender: git@gitmaster.postgresql.org

so that they don't give a false impression about the origin of the
message.

Re: Stalled post to pgsql-committers

От
Magnus Hagander
Дата:
On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 17:31, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2010, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
>> Excerpts from Peter Eisentraut's message of mi? sep 29 04:08:35 -0400
>> 2010:

>>> No, that address was not subscribed to that list.  There must have been
>>> some other mechanism at work.
>>
>> Yes.  Marc had a "sublist" with the addresses of all committers, which
>> were accepted without moderation and without being subscribed.  See
>> restrict_post in the "moderate" section of the Mj2 settings page for
>> that list; it contains pgsql-committers:restricted.
>>
>> It would be trivial to add the new list of committer addresses to that
>> list.  I don't know how that list is edited though; Marc would know.
>> I think either Magnus or Dave should have enough privilege to do the
>> edit itself.
>
> its a simple subscribe ... you jus reference the sublist vs just the list
>
> if someone can send me a list, I can easily add them ... should the old list
> be eliminated first though ... ?

You can find the list here:
http://github.com/mhagander/pggit_migrate/blob/master/cvs2git.options#L503

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

Re: Stalled post to pgsql-committers

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Done

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 17:31, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, 29 Sep 2010, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>
>>> Excerpts from Peter Eisentraut's message of mi? sep 29 04:08:35 -0400
>>> 2010:

>>> Yes.  Marc had a "sublist" with the addresses of all committers, which
>>> were accepted without moderation and without being subscribed.  See
>>> restrict_post in the "moderate" section of the Mj2 settings page for
>>> that list; it contains pgsql-committers:restricted.
>>>
>>> It would be trivial to add the new list of committer addresses to that
>>> list.  I don't know how that list is edited though; Marc would know.
>>> I think either Magnus or Dave should have enough privilege to do the
>>> edit itself.
>>
>> its a simple subscribe ... you jus reference the sublist vs just the list
>>
>> if someone can send me a list, I can easily add them ... should the old list
>> be eliminated first though ... ?
>
> You can find the list here:
> http://github.com/mhagander/pggit_migrate/blob/master/cvs2git.options#L503
>

> --
>  Magnus Hagander
>  Me: http://www.hagander.net/
>  Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org

Re: Stalled post to pgsql-committers

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Excerpts from Peter Eisentraut's message of mié sep 29 04:08:35 -0400 2010:
> On sön, 2010-09-26 at 17:11 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> > Yeah, that's what you need to do. I would guess you were previously
> > subscribed as peter@postgresql.org, but the git commit scrpit sends
> > (with or without nomail).
>
> No, that address was not subscribed to that list.  There must have been
> some other mechanism at work.

Yes.  Marc had a "sublist" with the addresses of all committers, which
were accepted without moderation and without being subscribed.  See
restrict_post in the "moderate" section of the Mj2 settings page for
that list; it contains pgsql-committers:restricted.

It would be trivial to add the new list of committer addresses to that
list.  I don't know how that list is edited though; Marc would know.
I think either Magnus or Dave should have enough privilege to do the
edit itself.

Re: Stalled post to pgsql-committers

От
"Marc G. Fournier"