Обсуждение: 9.1alpha1 bundled -- please verify

9.1alpha1 bundled -- please verify

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Alpha1 has been bundled and is available at

http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/alpha/

Please check that it is sane.

If there are no concerns, I will move them to the FTP site tomorrow
(Sunday) and send out announcements on Monday.

If someone wants to volunteer to craft a brief release announcement,
please feel free.  The release notes are at

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release-9-1-alpha.html

We'll also need someone from the web team to stand by to update the
website.

Re: 9.1alpha1 bundled -- please verify

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Announcing on Monday doesn't give us any time to build installers.

On 9/4/10, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> Alpha1 has been bundled and is available at
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/alpha/
>
> Please check that it is sane.
>
> If there are no concerns, I will move them to the FTP site tomorrow
> (Sunday) and send out announcements on Monday.
>
> If someone wants to volunteer to craft a brief release announcement,
> please feel free.  The release notes are at
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/release-9-1-alpha.html
>
> We'll also need someone from the web team to stand by to update the
> website.

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: 9.1alpha1 bundled -- please verify

Дата:
Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
> Announcing on Monday doesn't give us any time to build installers.

Also, Monday is a major holiday in the US.  Tuesday or Wednesday might
be more sensible.
        regards, tom lane

Re: 9.1alpha1 bundled -- please verify

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On lör, 2010-09-04 at 18:35 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> Announcing on Monday doesn't give us any time to build installers.

When are the installers ready?

Re: 9.1alpha1 bundled -- please verify

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 6:54 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On lör, 2010-09-04 at 18:35 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>> Announcing on Monday doesn't give us any time to build installers.
>
> When are the installers ready?

They're built now, and should be on the CDN & website tomorrow.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: 9.1alpha1 bundled -- please verify

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On mån, 2010-09-06 at 19:38 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 6:54 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> > On lör, 2010-09-04 at 18:35 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> >> Announcing on Monday doesn't give us any time to build installers.
> >
> > When are the installers ready?
>
> They're built now, and should be on the CDN & website tomorrow.

OK, I will send out the announcement tomorrow when I see the installer
on the mirrors.

Re: 9.1alpha1 bundled -- please verify

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 7:41 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On mån, 2010-09-06 at 19:38 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>> >
>> > When are the installers ready?
>>
>> They're built now, and should be on the CDN & website tomorrow.
>
> OK, I will send out the announcement tomorrow when I see the installer
> on the mirrors.

They'll be here as with previous builds:
http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgdevdownload.do

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise Postgres Company

Re: 9.1alpha1 bundled -- please verify

От
David Fetter
Дата:
On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 08:07:33PM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 7:41 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:

> >> They're built now, and should be on the CDN & website tomorrow.
> >
> > OK, I will send out the announcement tomorrow when I see the installer
> > on the mirrors.
>
> They'll be here as with previous builds:
> http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgdevdownload.do

I hate to mention this at this late date, but it just occurred to me
that the ordering is Alpha, then Beta, then Release Candidates, then
Release.  Did I get that wrong?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Re: 9.1alpha1 bundled -- please verify

От
David Fetter
Дата:
On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 01:11:03PM -0700, David Fetter wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 08:07:33PM +0100, Dave Page wrote:

> > > OK, I will send out the announcement tomorrow when I see the installer
> > > on the mirrors.
> >
> > They'll be here as with previous builds:
> > http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgdevdownload.do
>
> I hate to mention this at this late date, but it just occurred to me
> that the ordering is Alpha, then Beta, then Release Candidates, then
> Release.  Did I get that wrong?

Oops.  Sorry about the noise.  I missed the 9.1 part :P

Thanks to Erik Rijkers on IRC for pointing this out.

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

Re: 9.1alpha1 bundled -- please verify

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 4:29 PM, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
> Oops.  Sorry about the noise.  I missed the 9.1 part :P

I was wondering what you were trying to figure out... :-)

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company