Обсуждение: SR: "pseudo replication database of the primary" ...

SR: "pseudo replication database of the primary" ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
I'm reading through the Wiki docs, and one thing isn't clear:

"3. Set up connections and authentication so that the standby server can
successfully connect to the pseudo replication database of the primary."

I've searched Google, to see if its mentioned anywhere else, but nadda ...
can't connect to it using psql, which makes it confusing as to why I'm
configuring access to it via pg_hba.conf ...

So, what am I missing that should be obvious to me ... ?

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scrappy@hub.org

Re: SR: "pseudo replication database of the primary" ...

От
Fujii Masao
Дата:
On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 12:25 AM, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
> I'm reading through the Wiki docs, and one thing isn't clear:
>
> "3. Set up connections and authentication so that the standby server can
> successfully connect to the pseudo replication database of the primary."
>
> I've searched Google, to see if its mentioned anywhere else, but nadda ...
> can't connect to it using psql, which makes it confusing as to why I'm
> configuring access to it via pg_hba.conf ...

Yeah, since there is no 'replication' database unless user explicitly
creates it, psql would be unable to connect to it. 'replication' is the
keyword of pg_hba.conf only for authenticating the standby server. This
keyword needs to be specified in the 'database' field of pg_hba.conf.
So I expressed it as the pseudo replication database. Please see the
document for details.

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/streaming-replication.html#STREAMING-REPLICATION-AUTHENTICATION
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/auth-pg-hba-conf.html

If that expression is confusing, please feel free to modify it in the
wiki and doc ;)

Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Re: SR: "pseudo replication database of the primary" ...

Дата:
Fujii Masao wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 12:25 AM, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy@hub.org> wrote:
> > I'm reading through the Wiki docs, and one thing isn't clear:
> >
> > "3. Set up connections and authentication so that the standby server can
> > successfully connect to the pseudo replication database of the primary."
> >
> > I've searched Google, to see if its mentioned anywhere else, but nadda ...
> > can't connect to it using psql, which makes it confusing as to why I'm
> > configuring access to it via pg_hba.conf ...
>
> Yeah, since there is no 'replication' database unless user explicitly
> creates it, psql would be unable to connect to it. 'replication' is the
> keyword of pg_hba.conf only for authenticating the standby server. This
> keyword needs to be specified in the 'database' field of pg_hba.conf.
> So I expressed it as the pseudo replication database. Please see the
> document for details.
>
> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/streaming-replication.html#STREAMING-REPLICATION-AUTHENTICATION
> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/auth-pg-hba-conf.html
>
> If that expression is confusing, please feel free to modify it in the
> wiki and doc ;)

FYI, I have modified the SGML docs to call it a "replication
pseudo-database".

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: SR: "pseudo replication database of the primary" ...

От
Fujii Masao
Дата:
On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> FYI, I have modified the SGML docs to call it a "replication
> pseudo-database".

Thanks! I also changed the expression on wiki so.

Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Re: SR: "pseudo replication database of the primary" ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
My only thought would be to change 'pseudo' to 'virtual' ... my initial
read, I was looking for a system database like template1/template0 being
created ...

Thx ...