Обсуждение: alpha3 bundled -- please verify

alpha3 bundled -- please verify

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Alpha3 has been bundled and is available at

http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/alpha/

Please check that it is sane.

No one has written an announcement yet.  I will do it unless someone
feels inspired.  Release should be Monday or Tuesday.

Re: alpha3 bundled -- please verify

От
James William Pye
Дата:
On Dec 20, 2009, at 1:36 AM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Please check that it is sane.

I'm up, so:

Works for me on snow leopard.

But it doesn't seem to want to stop configure'ing on my fbsd8/amd64 box:

$ ./configure --prefix=/src/build/pg85a3
$ gmake # GNU make 3.81
<keeps running configure again and again>
... (last few lines before it appears to restart configure)
configure: creating ./config.status
cd . && ./config.status src/Makefile.global
config.status: creating src/Makefile.global
./config.status GNUmakefile
config.status: creating GNUmakefile
cd . && ./config.status --recheck
running CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/sh /bin/sh ./configure --no-create --no-recursion

However, I can build the REL8_5_ALPHA3_BRANCH from git using that box..
Recently pulled, gmake distclean'd and remade again..

Re: alpha3 bundled -- please verify

Дата:
James William Pye <lists@jwp.name> writes:
> But it doesn't seem to want to stop configure'ing on my fbsd8/amd64 box:

Usually that means timestamp skew, ie file timestamps are later than
your system clock.
        regards, tom lane

Re: alpha3 bundled -- please verify

От
James William Pye
Дата:
On Dec 20, 2009, at 9:20 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Usually that means timestamp skew, ie file timestamps are later than
> your system clock.

Yep. It's working now.

Re: alpha3 bundled -- please verify

От
Marko Tiikkaja
Дата:
On 2009-12-20 18:20 +0200, Tom Lane wrote:
> James William Pye<lists@jwp.name>  writes:
>> But it doesn't seem to want to stop configure'ing on my fbsd8/amd64 box:
>
> Usually that means timestamp skew, ie file timestamps are later than
> your system clock.

I've hit this problem before and could not figure out what was wrong.
Is this documented somewhere?

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja

Re: alpha3 bundled -- please verify

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On sön, 2009-12-20 at 22:02 +0200, Marko Tiikkaja wrote:
> On 2009-12-20 18:20 +0200, Tom Lane wrote:
> > James William Pye<lists@jwp.name>  writes:
> >> But it doesn't seem to want to stop configure'ing on my fbsd8/amd64 box:
> >
> > Usually that means timestamp skew, ie file timestamps are later than
> > your system clock.
>
> I've hit this problem before and could not figure out what was wrong.
> Is this documented somewhere?

Well, this is more of a general problem.  Anything using make will
misbehave if the clock is wrong, and anything using autotools even more
so.