Обсуждение: Hot standby, recovery_starts_paused

Hot standby, recovery_starts_paused

От
Heikki Linnakangas
Дата:
recovery_starts_paused is useless as it is. It pauses the recovery right
after the first WAL record, all right, but before we see a running-xacts
record, we won't let any backends in. And if you can't connect, you
can't unpause, so it's stuck forever.

It should probably behave as "pause after reaching WAL record that
allows backends to connect".

Re: Hot standby, recovery_starts_paused

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On Fri, 2009-10-16 at 01:43 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> recovery_starts_paused is useless as it is. It pauses the recovery right
> after the first WAL record, all right, but before we see a running-xacts
> record, we won't let any backends in. And if you can't connect, you
> can't unpause, so it's stuck forever.

Hmmm, strange. That was an earlier bug; I thought I'd fixed that.

> It should probably behave as "pause after reaching WAL record that
> allows backends to connect".

Agreed, thanks.