Обсуждение: stack smashing detected

stack smashing detected

От
"Ana Carolina Brito de Almeida"
Дата:
Hi!

I'm trying test a version extended of Postgresql, but when I run a command after 9 times, I receive this message in psql:
***stack smashing detected***
And Log said that postgres terminated with signal 6.
I increased buffer to 120MB and the linux buffer (shmmax) to 2GB.
What value can I put to max_connections?
And can you help me with this error (stack smashing)? I tried run this with Ubuntu, Debian and Fedora, but I have not success.
Sorry about my english.

Thanks,
Ana Carolina

Re: stack smashing detected

От
"Merlin Moncure"
Дата:
On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 9:48 AM, Ana Carolina Brito de Almeida
<anacrl@ig.com.br> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying test a version extended of Postgresql, but when I run a command
> after 9 times, I receive this message in psql:
> ***stack smashing detected***
> And Log said that postgres terminated with signal 6.

what command are you trying to run? is this a C function?

merlin

Re: stack smashing detected

Дата:
"Ana Carolina Brito de Almeida" <anacrl@ig.com.br> writes:
> I'm trying test a version extended of Postgresql, but when I run a command
> after 9 times, I receive this message in psql:
> ***stack smashing detected***
> And Log said that postgres terminated with signal 6.
> I increased buffer to 120MB and the linux buffer (shmmax) to 2GB.
> What value can I put to max_connections?

You're thinking in the wrong terms entirely.  This is a bug that you
need to find/fix in whatever your extension is.  I'd look for things
like overrunning a fixed-size array allocated as a local variable.
        regards, tom lane

Re: stack smashing detected

От
Gregory Stark
Дата:
"Ana Carolina Brito de Almeida" <anacrl@ig.com.br> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying test a version extended of Postgresql, but when I run a command
> after 9 times, I receive this message in psql:
> ***stack smashing detected***

This string does not occur in Postgres. There must be more going on than
you're saying. Are you sure you receive that message in psql?

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Get trained by Bruce Momjian - ask me about
EnterpriseDB'sPostgreSQL training!