Обсуждение: RELKIND_SPECIAL

RELKIND_SPECIAL

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
How about we remove RELKIND_SPECIAL?  It was there only to support
the XactLockTable hack, but we don't need that anymore.

Re: RELKIND_SPECIAL

Дата:
> How about we remove RELKIND_SPECIAL?  It was there only to support
> the XactLockTable hack, but we don't need that anymore.

Go for it.  Don't forget to remove the documentation mentions
(catalog.sgml at least).  Might be a good idea to leave the code
for the case in psql/describe.c, though, just so psql doesn't choke
if run on an old database?
        regards, tom lane

Re: RELKIND_SPECIAL

От
Alvaro Herrera
Tom Lane wrote:
> > How about we remove RELKIND_SPECIAL?  It was there only to support
> > the XactLockTable hack, but we don't need that anymore.
>
> Go for it.  Don't forget to remove the documentation mentions
> (catalog.sgml at least).  Might be a good idea to leave the code
> for the case in psql/describe.c, though, just so psql doesn't choke
> if run on an old database?

Done.  I didn't find any other mentions in the documentation; I grepped
for "special" and "relkind".