Обсуждение: need info about extensibility in other databases

need info about extensibility in other databases

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
Hi there,

after we have GiST with concurrency and recovery support
(thanks to PosGIS community for support) I'd trying to
find info about level of extensibility support in
other major RDBMS's like Relational Extenders of DB2,
Cartridges in Oracle and (?) in MS SQL.

With current GiST one could develope new datatype, index access methods and
queries and everything will have automatically concurency and recovery
support. New datatype could be not just a subset of existing types, but
completely new.

What's about other RDBMS ?

btw, "GiST programming tutorial" is available in Russian,
http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/talks/gist_tutorial.html
    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: need info about extensibility in other databases

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 11:52:18PM +0400, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> btw, "GiST programming tutorial" is available in Russian,
> http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/talks/gist_tutorial.html

Cool.  Is an English version in the works?

--
Michael Fuhr

Re: need info about extensibility in other databases

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Michael Fuhr wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 11:52:18PM +0400, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
>> btw, "GiST programming tutorial" is available in Russian,
>> http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/talks/gist_tutorial.html
>
> Cool.  Is an English version in the works?

I was optimistic when I thought it should be easy, but now I see
how it's  difficult for the author :) Seems, better just write
english version, but I'm not sure when I will have spare time.
If somebody wants to translate we're open for questions.

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Re: [HACKERS] need info about extensibility in other databases

От
Li Song
Дата:
Hi,

When is the English version of "GiST programming tutorial" available?

Regards,
Song

--
Sent from: http://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-hackers-f1928748.html

Re: [HACKERS] need info about extensibility in other databases

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 2:37 PM, Li Song <ouyangcaiqing@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When is the English version of "GiST programming tutorial" available?

Well, I wrote it many years ago, so it needs to be updated. For now,
you can use google translate, which seems works fine

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sai.msu.su%2F~megera%2Fpostgres%2Ftalks%2Fgist_tutorial.html&edit-text=

Also, we have 7 papers about indexing, also in russian, check
https://habrahabr.ru/company/postgrespro/