Обсуждение: Multi-byte and client side character encoding tests for copy command..

Multi-byte and client side character encoding tests for copy command..

От
"Ayush Parashar"
Дата:
Hi there,

I am new to this list.

I have made some additions to multi-byte regression tests ( ./src/test/mb),
to include regression tests for copy command. This can be used to test
multi-byte extensions of postgresql and client character encoding, for copy
command. The test uses the following complete character sets: "big5 gbk uhc
gb18030 euc_cn latin8 iso_8859_6 iso_8859_7 euc_kr euc_jp".

I am attaching only the modified README and mbregress.sh with the email. I
have not included the various character sets with the email as they are
nearly 1MB.

Can you please comment on this..?

I can provide a patch for the same, which includes the character sets.

Thanks,
Ayush

ps: sorry for the previous blank email, that was by mistake.

Вложения

Re: Multi-byte and client side character encoding tests for

Дата:
Where are we on this?  Should we just add a URL to the full 1MB test files?

Ayush Parashar wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am new to this list.
>
> I have made some additions to multi-byte regression tests ( ./src/test/mb),
> to include regression tests for copy command. This can be used to test
> multi-byte extensions of postgresql and client character encoding, for copy
> command. The test uses the following complete character sets: "big5 gbk uhc
> gb18030 euc_cn latin8 iso_8859_6 iso_8859_7 euc_kr euc_jp".
>
> I am attaching only the modified README and mbregress.sh with the email. I
> have not included the various character sets with the email as they are
> nearly 1MB.
>
> Can you please comment on this..?
>
> I can provide a patch for the same, which includes the character sets.
>
> Thanks,
> Ayush
>
> ps: sorry for the previous blank email, that was by mistake.

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

--  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us EnterpriseDB    http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: Multi-byte and client side character encoding tests for

Дата:
> Where are we on this?  Should we just add a URL to the full 1MB test files?

Adding an MB to the distribution for tests that hardly anyone needs to
run is surely not a good idea.  What about putting them on pgfoundry and
then putting a link to that somewhere in the docs?
        regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Where are we on this?  Should we just add a URL to the full 1MB test files?
>
> Adding an MB to the distribution for tests that hardly anyone needs to
> run is surely not a good idea.  What about putting them on pgfoundry and
> then putting a link to that somewhere in the docs?

Yea, that sounds good.

--  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us EnterpriseDB    http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: Multi-byte and client side character encoding tests

От
Andrew Dunstan

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>Tom Lane wrote:
>

>>Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> writes:
>>

>>>Where are we on this?  Should we just add a URL to the full 1MB test files?
>>>

>>Adding an MB to the distribution for tests that hardly anyone needs to
>>run is surely not a good idea.  What about putting them on pgfoundry and
>>then putting a link to that somewhere in the docs?
>>

>Yea, that sounds good.

The running of extra tests outside our standard regression set will be
one of the topics discussed during my session in Toronto. I don't mind
having them stored elsewhere, although it will make things a bit more
complex, but this use should be kept in mind (for example, I don't think
pgfoundry has a CVSup server, although it probably could have easily
enough).

cheers

andrew

Re: Multi-byte and client side character encoding

От
"Luke Lonergan"
Дата:
Bruce, Tom, Andrew,

On 6/14/06 11:06 AM, "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> The running of extra tests outside our standard regression set will be
> one of the topics discussed during my session in Toronto. I don't mind
> having them stored elsewhere, although it will make things a bit more
> complex, but this use should be kept in mind (for example, I don't think
> pgfoundry has a CVSup server, although it probably could have easily
> enough).

Ayush and I (along with Brian Hagenbuch) also plan to be in Toronto, so we
can help as needed.

- Luke

Re: Multi-byte and client side character encoding

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Luke,

> Ayush and I (along with Brian Hagenbuch) also plan to be in Toronto, so
> we can help as needed.

You and Bruce might want to think about *registering* for the conference.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco

Re: Multi-byte and client side character encoding

Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Luke,
>
> > Ayush and I (along with Brian Hagenbuch) also plan to be in Toronto, so
> > we can help as needed.
>
> You and Bruce might want to think about *registering* for the conference.

I thought I did already.  I filled something out a few months ago.
Anyway, it now says registration closed.

--  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us EnterpriseDB    http://www.enterprisedb.com

Re: Multi-byte and client side character encoding

Дата:
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> You and Bruce might want to think about *registering* for the conference.

Speaking of which, is a list of those registered posted anywhere?  I
looked for one the other day because I wanted to double-check that
I was registered, but couldn't find anything on the website.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Multi-byte and client side character encoding

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Tom,

> Speaking of which, is a list of those registered posted anywhere?  I
> looked for one the other day because I wanted to double-check that
> I was registered, but couldn't find anything on the website.

No, I think there would be some privacy issues with that.   You're
registered.   You should have been getting "conference-attendees" e-mails,
about 3 of them so far.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus