Обсуждение: problem with function loading

problem with function loading

От
Berényi Gábor
Дата:
Dear Pg hackers,

After upgrading from 7.4.2 to 8.0.0 I get this message when trying to
load a C language function:

permission denied for language c

Even postgres and root gets this message. SQL functions work well.

Please, help.

With love, Gabor

Re: problem with function loading

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 04:53:34PM +0100, Berényi Gábor wrote:

> After upgrading from 7.4.2 to 8.0.0 I get this message when trying to
> load a C language function:
>
> permission denied for language c
>
> Even postgres and root gets this message. SQL functions work well.

Are you sure "postgres" and "root" are database superusers?  What's
the result of the following query?

SELECT usename FROM pg_user WHERE usesuper IS TRUE;

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: problem with function loading

От
Berényi Gábor
Дата:
Dear Michael and others,

> SELECT usename FROM pg_user WHERE usesuper IS TRUE;

Result: postgres. So the problem persist.

Does it work for you? I use x86 Linux 2.4.20.

Look forward to hear of you, Gabor

Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> írta:

> On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 04:53:34PM +0100, Berényi Gábor wrote:
>
> > After upgrading from 7.4.2 to 8.0.0 I get this message when trying
> > load a C language function:
> >
> > permission denied for language c
> >
> > Even postgres and root gets this message. SQL functions work
well.

> Are you sure "postgres" and "root" are database superusers?
What's
> the result of the following query?
>
> SELECT usename FROM pg_user WHERE usesuper IS TRUE;
>
> --
> Michael Fuhr
> http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: problem with function loading

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 11:39:19PM +0100, Berényi Gábor wrote:

> > SELECT usename FROM pg_user WHERE usesuper IS TRUE;
>
> Result: postgres. So the problem persist.

Please show the exact statement you're running and the exact output
(copied and pasted, not typed manually).  Also the following, just
so we're all clear about what user you're running as:

SELECT * FROM pg_user WHERE usename = CURRENT_USER;

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/