Обсуждение: How can I use large object on PostgreSQL Linux Version?

How can I use large object on PostgreSQL Linux Version?

От
"Premsun Choltanwanich"
Дата:
For first information, I already have Large Object that work fine on PostgreSQL Windows Version. Now I plan to migrate all of Windows version to Linux version. But I got some problem that make it cannot work fine like on Windows version.

I found that at least Large Object that now failed and no data can be imported to Linux version. The problem I found was shown like:
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/lo": No such file or directory
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/dbsize": No such file or directory
ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/admin": No such file or directory

In my idea, it look like the error was related on $libdir. Maybe some setting about $libdir is wrong but I don't know How can I check it? and How can I correct it?

Re: How can I use large object on PostgreSQL Linux Version?

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 11:40:41AM +0700, Premsun Choltanwanich wrote:

> I found that at least Large Object that now failed and no data can be
> imported to Linux version. The problem I found was shown like:
>
> ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/lo": No such file or directory
> ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/dbsize": No such file or
> directory
> ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/admin": No such file or
> directory

I'd guess that you haven't installed some third-party modules that
you need on the Linux box, or that you've installed them in the
wrong place.  lo and dbsize look like modules from the contrib
directory in the PostgreSQL source code (or available via a separate
package, if you're using prebuilt packages); I don't know what admin
is.

What version of PostgreSQL are you running on the Linux box and how
did you install it?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

Re: How can I use large object on PostgreSQL Linux Version?

От
Michael Fuhr
Дата:
On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 02:33:24PM +0700, Premsun Choltanwanich wrote:

> > I'd guess that you haven't installed some third-party modules that
> > you need on the Linux box, or that you've installed them in the wrong
> > place.
>
> I don't make sure about third-party information cause all of module
> I use for Windows Version is install already on the time I install
> PostgreSQL RC1 on Windows.

If you built PostgreSQL from source then you can install the
contrib/lo and contrib/dbsize modules from source as well.  For
more information see contrib/README, contrib/lo/README.lo, and
contrib/dbsize/README.dbsize.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/