Обсуждение: Multiple language support

Multiple language support

От
lsunley@mb.sympatico.ca
Дата:
Are there any plans for modifying the message outputs from the programs to
support multiple languages?

Most of the messages (at least in things like the database engine and
utilities like initdb etc) have messages hard coded in English. This does
not affect me very much, but I have at least 6 beta testers for the
postgreSQL OS/2 port that are based in Germany and one in Italy, and
another in the Netherlands.

Or am I missing something somewhere?

Lorne Sunley

lsunley@mb.sympatico.ca

Re: Multiple language support

От
Andrew Dunstan

lsunley@mb.sympatico.ca wrote:

>Are there any plans for modifying the message outputs from the programs to
>support multiple languages?
>
>Most of the messages (at least in things like the database engine and
>utilities like initdb etc) have messages hard coded in English. This does
>not affect me very much, but I have at least 6 beta testers for the
>postgreSQL OS/2 port that are based in Germany and one in Italy, and
>another in the Netherlands.
>
>Or am I missing something somewhere?

You are missing more than just something.

What do you think all those .po files are sitting in your source tree?

Why do you think we have a topic on this on the developers' web site:
http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/nlsstatus/

cheers

andrew