Обсуждение: branch for 8.0?

branch for 8.0?

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
There was some talk of branching REL8_0_STABLE after 8.0.0rc1 was
released. Is that still the plan?

TIA,

Neil

Re: branch for 8.0?

Дата:
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> There was some talk of branching REL8_0_STABLE after 8.0.0rc1 was
> released. Is that still the plan?

I'm up for it, personally --- is everybody else ready?  Should we wait
another day or three?
        regards, tom lane

Re: branch for 8.0?

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Tom Lane wrote:

> Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
>> There was some talk of branching REL8_0_STABLE after 8.0.0rc1 was
>> released. Is that still the plan?
>
> I'm up for it, personally --- is everybody else ready?  Should we wait
> another day or three?

Let's say Friday I branch her ... ?

----

Re: branch for 8.0?

От
Peter Eisentraut
Tom Lane wrote:
> Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> > There was some talk of branching REL8_0_STABLE after 8.0.0rc1 was
> > released. Is that still the plan?
>
> I'm up for it, personally --- is everybody else ready?  Should we
> wait another day or three?

I'm in favor of waiting until the release.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: branch for 8.0?

Дата:
> I'm in favor of waiting until the release.

Well, if we can hold to the Dec 15 release date, it's only a week's
difference ... so I don't care much either way.  Are you concerned
about having to double-patch the last-minute translation updates?
        regards, tom lane