Обсуждение: Need access to a Linux box

Need access to a Linux box

От
Thomas Hallgren
Дата:
I'm in process of releasing a PL/Java based on the latest 8.0.0rc1. My
Linux box is x86_64 based and even if I can cross-compile a 32 bit
binary on it, I feel it's not really the same thing. Normally I use the
"testdrive" over at hp but it has had a "no space left on device" status
for a couple of days now. Does anyone know about some other place where
I can compile and run some rudimentary tests?

I need a Linux based i586 or i686 with gcc 3.4.1 or higher (The gcj in
earlier versions is not good enough) and either a preinstalled Sun JDK
1.4.2 (or higher) or some diskspace so that I can do a local
installation myself. I will also need space for PostgreSQL in two
flawors, the 7.4.6 and the 8.0.0rc1. A local and fairly restricted
account is fine as long as I can ftp stuff to some local directory.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Thomas Hallgren

Re: Need access to a Linux box

От
Kurt Roeckx
Дата:
On Sun, Dec 05, 2004 at 08:21:36PM +0100, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> I'm in process of releasing a PL/Java based on the latest 8.0.0rc1. My
> Linux box is x86_64 based and even if I can cross-compile a 32 bit
> binary on it, I feel it's not really the same thing. Normally I use the
> "testdrive" over at hp but it has had a "no space left on device" status
> for a couple of days now. Does anyone know about some other place where
> I can compile and run some rudimentary tests?

What I always do is build everything in an i386 chroot.  That
means it really does the same as an i386.  You might have to use
the linux32 bit util too, to change the uname -m output from
x86_64 to i686.

If you're still not convised it's the same, boot an i386 kernel
instead.

Kurt

Re: Need access to a Linux box

От