Обсуждение: operator commutator

operator commutator

От
strk
Дата:
Hi all,
when trying to restore a dump I get the following error:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  argument of commutator must be a name

Operator commutator is itself, and when reading the ascii version
of the dump (produced with -Fc) I see that this has been changed
with what was probably it's oid instead.

Is this a bug in pg_dump ?
How do I tell which pg_dump version produced the dump ?
Is self commutation valid ?

TIA

--strk;

Re: operator commutator

От
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Дата:
> Operator commutator is itself, and when reading the ascii version
> of the dump (produced with -Fc) I see that this has been changed
> with what was probably it's oid instead.

Can you paste that ascii from the dump?

> Is this a bug in pg_dump ?
> How do I tell which pg_dump version produced the dump ?

I'm not sure it is possible.  If it is, it will be at the very top of
the ascii version.

Chris

Re: operator commutator

От
strk
Дата:

--
-- TOC entry 537 (OID 2663955)
-- Name: ~=; Type: OPERATOR; Schema: public; Owner: strk

CREATE OPERATOR ~= (   PROCEDURE = geometry_same,   LEFTARG = geometry,   RIGHTARG = geometry,   COMMUTATOR = 2663954,
RESTRICT = eqsel,   JOIN = eqjoinsel

);

> >Is this a bug in pg_dump ?
> >How do I tell which pg_dump version produced the dump ?
>
> I'm not sure it is possible.  If it is, it will be at the very top of
> the ascii version.

No luck. Would be helpful IMO.

> Chris

--strk;

Re: operator commutator

От
Christopher Kings-Lynne
> -- Name: ~=; Type: OPERATOR; Schema: public; Owner: strk
> -- Data Pos: 0
> --
>
> CREATE OPERATOR ~= (
>     PROCEDURE = geometry_same,
>     LEFTARG = geometry,
>     RIGHTARG = geometry,
>     COMMUTATOR = 2663954,
>     RESTRICT = eqsel,
>     JOIN = eqjoinsel
> );

How about:

\x
SELECT oid, * FROM pg_operator WHERE oprname='~=' OR oid=2663954;

Chris

Re: operator commutator

От
strk
Дата:
On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 05:17:27PM +0800, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> >--
> >-- TOC entry 537 (OID 2663955)
> >-- Name: ~=; Type: OPERATOR; Schema: public; Owner: strk
> >-- Data Pos: 0
> >--
> >
> >CREATE OPERATOR ~= (
> >    PROCEDURE = geometry_same,
> >    LEFTARG = geometry,
> >    RIGHTARG = geometry,
> >    COMMUTATOR = 2663954,
> >    RESTRICT = eqsel,
> >    JOIN = eqjoinsel
> >);
>
> How about:
>
> \x
> SELECT oid, * FROM pg_operator WHERE oprname='~=' OR oid=2663954;

Unfortunately I'm not on the machine from which the dump was
issued, so I can't check. I'll inspect when possible, so I'll also
tell you which pg_dump version was it.

--strk;