Обсуждение: cvsweb upgraded

cvsweb upgraded

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
just upgraded to 3.0.1 ... it has a neat 'graphing' function:
    http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql-server/COPYRIGHT?graph=1

but, I seem to have lost the colors the old one had in the process :(
Anyone used/configured cvsweb before?  I can't seem to find an option to
enable the colors, but there are *alot* of options in the cvsweb.conf file
as it is :(

----

Re: cvsweb upgraded

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 01:00:43PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> just upgraded to 3.0.1 ... it has a neat 'graphing' function:
>
>     http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql-server/COPYRIGHT?graph=1
>
> but, I seem to have lost the colors the old one had in the process :(
> Anyone used/configured cvsweb before?  I can't seem to find an option to
> enable the colors, but there are *alot* of options in the cvsweb.conf file
> as it is :(

Looks good ... I wonder if it can be configured to show tabs as 4
spaces, to match Postgres current practice?  Also, as Tom already
pointed out, the $PostgreSQL$ header is not honored.

"Saca el libro que tu religión considere como el indicado para encontrar la
oración que traiga paz a tu alma. Luego rebootea el computador
y ve si funciona" (Carlos Duclós)

Re: cvsweb upgraded

От
Rod Taylor
Дата:
> Looks good ... I wonder if it can be configured to show tabs as 4
> spaces, to match Postgres current practice?  Also, as Tom already
> pointed out, the $PostgreSQL$ header is not honored.

I bet you the $PostgreSQL$ header can be configured into it -- it seems
to accommodate $FreeBSD$ and other custom headers at other places.

Re: cvsweb upgraded

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 01:00:43PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>
>> just upgraded to 3.0.1 ... it has a neat 'graphing' function:
>>
>>     http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql-server/COPYRIGHT?graph=1
>>
>> but, I seem to have lost the colors the old one had in the process :(
>> Anyone used/configured cvsweb before?  I can't seem to find an option to
>> enable the colors, but there are *alot* of options in the cvsweb.conf file
>> as it is :(
>
> Looks good ... I wonder if it can be configured to show tabs as 4
> spaces, to match Postgres current practice?

Should already be set:

# Tabstop used to expand tabs in colored diffs. If undefined then
# tabs are always expanded to 8 spaces.
#
$tabstop = 4;

> Also, as Tom already pointed out, the $PostgreSQL$ header is not
> honored.

'k, if someone knows how to fix this, I'm all ears ... the OS conf file
examples all have the following set (with PostgreSQL switched for the OS):

$ENV{'RCSLOCALID'} = 'PostgreSQL=Id';

Since I'm not sure example where in cvsweb you guys are looking, can you
test and let me know if this fixes it?

----

Re: cvsweb upgraded

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> 'k, if someone knows how to fix this, I'm all ears ... the OS conf file
> examples all have the following set (with PostgreSQL switched for the OS):
>
> $ENV{'RCSLOCALID'} = 'PostgreSQL=Id';
>
> Since I'm not sure example where in cvsweb you guys are looking, can you test
> and let me know if this fixes it?

Nope, that doesn't appear to do it ... I changed it to what is in
CVSROOT/options, and it causes cvsweb to generate an error about rlog ...
getting rid of the line reverts it back to the form that works ...

We're running cvsweb 3.0.1, if anyone wants to see what is settable ...

----

Re: cvsweb upgraded

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 12:42:51AM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> # Tabstop used to expand tabs in colored diffs. If undefined then
> # tabs are always expanded to 8 spaces.
> #
> $tabstop = 4;

Apparently the plain files (as opposed to diffs) do not honour this
setting.  At least I still see one tab char (not eight, nor four,
spaces) for example here:

http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql-server/src/backend/access/transam/subtrans.c?rev=1.1

> >Also, as Tom already pointed out, the $PostgreSQL$ header is not
> >honored.
>
> 'k, if someone knows how to fix this, I'm all ears ... the OS conf file
> examples all have the following set (with PostgreSQL switched for the OS):
>
> $ENV{'RCSLOCALID'} = 'PostgreSQL=Id';
>
> Since I'm not sure example where in cvsweb you guys are looking, can you
> test and let me know if this fixes it?

Dunno ... appears to be good in the files, because I see the correct version
number here:

http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql-server/src/backend/access/transam/clog.c?rev=1.22

However, note that this one displays 1.21 and 1.20 in the text, while I
am requesting diff between 1.22 and 1.21 (and indeed the differences are
1.22 vs 1.21)

http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql-server/src/backend/access/transam/clog.c.diff?r1=text&tr1=1.22&r2=text&tr2=1.21

"There was no reply" (Kernel Traffic)