Обсуждение: Re: Planning for beta (was Re: Sketch of extending error handling

Re: Planning for beta (was Re: Sketch of extending error handling

Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> >> Docs, as always, can be delivered/improved throughout beta ...
> >
> > Yes, but without PITR docs there is no way to test the feature.
> > Many of our docs don't require docs for testing, but PITR does.
>
> Shouldn't there be regression tests for doing that anyway?  Or isn't that
> possible to do in the regression tests?

Good question.  Simon wants to build a test suite.  It appeared on his
TODO list.  However, I think it would be separate from the regression
tests.

Also, we need manual testing because people will do goofy things that
the test will not try, I am sure.  :-)

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Planning for beta (was Re: Sketch of extending error

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Also, we need manual testing because people will do goofy things that
> the test will not try, I am sure.  :-)

Agreed, but just want to make sure that Simon realizes that this 'level'
of documentation is required for release, not for beta ... in fact, be
nice if we could use those 'goofy things' as a pseudo example of where
PITR is useful ...

----

Re: Planning for beta (was Re: Sketch of extending error handling

Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Also, we need manual testing because people will do goofy things that
> > the test will not try, I am sure.  :-)
>
> Agreed, but just want to make sure that Simon realizes that this 'level'
> of documentation is required for release, not for beta ... in fact, be
> nice if we could use those 'goofy things' as a pseudo example of where
> PITR is useful ...

Agreed.  We don't need eligance at this stage, just instructions for
people to follow.  Simon, don't kill yourself on the docs.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: Planning for beta (was Re: Sketch of extending error

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On Mon, 2004-07-26 at 02:12, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Jul 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > Also, we need manual testing because people will do goofy things that
> > the test will not try, I am sure.  :-)
>
> Agreed, but just want to make sure that Simon realizes that this 'level'
> of documentation is required for release, not for beta ... in fact, be
> nice if we could use those 'goofy things' as a pseudo example of where
> PITR is useful ...

I think you're arguing in favour of me not completing the todo list,
which is great cos I wasn't going to be able to. :)

...and we can do more later.

Best Regards, Simon Riggs