Обсуждение: possibly updating techdocs; mysql2pgsql on gborg

possibly updating techdocs; mysql2pgsql on gborg

От
joseph speigle
Дата:
hi
,
I am on a mission to simply keep a starving project off the ground by updating an old mysql->pgsql perl conversion
scriptwhich does its conversion very differently from the one under contrib/.  There is an old link to

http://www.rot13.org/~dpavlin/sql.html
on techdocs under the section

Converting from other Databases to PostgreSQL

in a section which was apparently "Last updated 7th September 2002"

If anybody still has access to that page, the project has moved to gborg specifically
over to

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/mysql2psql/projdisplay.php

where a new version of the perl conversion script is located.

"Can the link be updated?"

The version on gborg has cvs access and multiple developers, and is being maintained bymyself.  I would be amazed if
nobodyelse tweaked it in its weak spots.

thanks,

joe speigle

Re: possibly updating techdocs; mysql2pgsql on gborg

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
I don't see the old link you are referring to (and neither did grep); is
this on the main page of techdocs or someplace else?

Robert Treat

On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 01:02, joseph speigle wrote:
> hi
> ,
> I am on a mission to simply keep a starving project off the ground by updating an old mysql->pgsql perl conversion
scriptwhich does its conversion very differently from the one under contrib/.  There is an old link to

> http://www.rot13.org/~dpavlin/sql.html
> on techdocs under the section
>
> Converting from other Databases to PostgreSQL
>
> in a section which was apparently "Last updated 7th September 2002"
>
> If anybody still has access to that page, the project has moved to gborg specifically
> over to
>
> http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/mysql2psql/projdisplay.php
>
> where a new version of the perl conversion script is located.
>
> "Can the link be updated?"
>
> The version on gborg has cvs access and multiple developers, and is being maintained bymyself.  I would be amazed if
nobodyelse tweaked it in its weak spots.

> thanks,
>
> joe speigle

Re: possibly updating techdocs; mysql2pgsql on gborg

Дата:
I have updated the /contrib/mysql/README file to point to the new URL's.
Thanks.

Robert Treat wrote:
> I don't see the old link you are referring to (and neither did grep); is
> this on the main page of techdocs or someplace else?
>
> Robert Treat
>
> On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 01:02, joseph speigle wrote:
> > hi
> > ,
> > I am on a mission to simply keep a starving project off the ground by updating an old mysql->pgsql perl conversion
scriptwhich does its conversion very differently from the one under contrib/.  There is an old link to

> > http://www.rot13.org/~dpavlin/sql.html
> > on techdocs under the section
> >
> > Converting from other Databases to PostgreSQL
> >
> > in a section which was apparently "Last updated 7th September 2002"
> >
> > If anybody still has access to that page, the project has moved to gborg specifically
> > over to
> >
> > http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/mysql2psql/projdisplay.php
> >
> > where a new version of the perl conversion script is located.
> >
> > "Can the link be updated?"
> >
> > The version on gborg has cvs access and multiple developers, and is being maintained bymyself.  I would be amazed
ifnobody else tweaked it in its weak spots.

> > thanks,
> >
> > joe speigle

> >     (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@postgresql.org)
>
> --
> Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

> !DSPAM:40e46b7246695510113564!

Pennsylvania19073

Re: possibly updating techdocs; mysql2pgsql on gborg

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Robert, Bruce,

> > > If anybody still has access to that page, the project has moved to
> > > gborg specifically over to
> > >
> > > http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/mysql2psql/projdisplay.php
> > >
> > > where a new version of the perl conversion script is located.

There's one of these on GBorg too?  I started on on pgFoundry because I made a
bunch of changes to the script (which now need debugging).  Since this one
needs nothing but CVS, any objections to just migrating it?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Re: possibly updating techdocs; mysql2pgsql on gborg

Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Robert, Bruce,

> There's one of these on GBorg too?  I started on on pgFoundry because I made a
> bunch of changes to the script (which now need debugging).  Since this one
> needs nothing but CVS, any objections to just migrating it?

Makes sense.  Please be sure they haven't made additions themselves.
Also send me the new URL so I can update contrib.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: possibly updating techdocs; mysql2pgsql on gborg

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Tuesday 13 July 2004 09:06, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Robert, Bruce,

> > There's one of these on GBorg too?  I started on on pgFoundry because I
> > made a bunch of changes to the script (which now need debugging).  Since
> > this one needs nothing but CVS, any objections to just migrating it?

You need to contact the guy who contacted me... when the two of you hash it
out send me an email and I'll update techdocs with the proper link (or both
if thats how its resolved)

> Makes sense.  Please be sure they haven't made additions themselves.
> Also send me the new URL so I can update contrib.

Maybe this should be removed from contrib?

Robert Treat

Re: possibly updating techdocs; mysql2pgsql on gborg

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Robert,

> Maybe this should be removed from contrib?

We agreed to remove the "mysql" folder from contrib about 6 months ago, on
Hackers.

--
-Josh BerkusAglio Database SolutionsSan Francisco