Обсуждение: Re: pgsql-server: Adjust our timezone library to use pg_time_t (typedef'd

Re: pgsql-server: Adjust our timezone library to use pg_time_t (typedef'd

От
Christopher Kings-Lynne
Дата:
> I did not modify the format of the zic timezone database files, which
> means that for the moment the system will not know about daylight-savings
> periods outside the range 1901-2038.  Given the way the files are set up,
> it's not a simple decision like 'widen to 64 bits'; we have to actually
> think about the range of years that need to be supported.  We should
> probably inquire what the plans of the upstream zic people are before
> making any decisions of our own.

Are the zic files something that should be updated for every minor
release, or only for every major release?

Chris

Re: pgsql-server: Adjust our timezone library to use pg_time_t (typedef'd

Дата:
> Are the zic files something that should be updated for every minor
> release, or only for every major release?

AFAIK they don't change very often.
        regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql-server: Adjust our timezone library to use

От
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Дата:
Hi Tom,

> > Are the zic files something that should be updated for every minor
> > release, or only for every major release?
>
> AFAIK they don't change very often.

I'm not sure. In Brazil, we change it every year 'cause we have 'summer
time'. See src/timezone/data/southamerica
I think we can change it when we need it.

Euler Taveira de Oliveira
euler (at) ufgnet.ufg.br
Desenvolvedor Web e Administrador de Sistemas
UFGNet - Universidade Federal de Goiás

Re: pgsql-server: Adjust our timezone library to use pg_time_t (typedef'd

Дата:
Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler@ufgnet.ufg.br> writes:
>>> Are the zic files something that should be updated for every minor
>>> release, or only for every major release?
>>
>> AFAIK they don't change very often.
>>
> I'm not sure. In Brazil, we change it every year 'cause we have 'summer
> time'. See src/timezone/data/southamerica

Sure, but your politicians don't invent a new rule for the transition
dates every year, do they?  Unless the rules change there's no need for
new zic files.

[ looks at southamerica zic file ... ]  Hmm, maybe they do.  I think
most places have a more settled approach though.
        regards, tom lane