Обсуждение: [OT] Respository [was Re: [PERFORM] Feature request: smarter use of conditional indexes]

[OT] Respository [was Re: [PERFORM] Feature request: smarter use of conditional indexes]

От
Shridhar Daithankar
Дата:
On Sunday 07 March 2004 09:16, Tom Lane wrote:
> Personally I consider -c format the only one of the three that is
> readable for reviewing purposes, so even if I weren't intending
> immediate application, I'd ask for -c before looking at the patch.
> There are some folks who consider -u format readable, but I'm not
> one of them ...

I was wondering what people use to keep track of their personal development
especially when they do not have a cvs commit access.

I am toying with idea of using GNU arch for personal use. It encourages
branching, merging and having as many repository trees as possible. I haven't
tried it in field as yet but if it delivers what it promises, it could be a
great assistance.

I know that there are not many postgresql branches like say linux kernel needs
but having a good tool does not hurt, isn't it..:-)
Just a thought..
Shridhar

Re: [OT] Respository [was Re: [PERFORM] Feature request: smarter

Дата:
Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
> On Sunday 07 March 2004 09:16, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Personally I consider -c format the only one of the three that is
> > readable for reviewing purposes, so even if I weren't intending
> > immediate application, I'd ask for -c before looking at the patch.
> > There are some folks who consider -u format readable, but I'm not
> > one of them ...
>
> I was wondering what people use to keep track of their personal development
> especially when they do not have a cvs commit access.

See the developer's FAQ.  They usually use cporig to make copies of
files they are going to modify, then difforig to send the diffs to us,
or they copy the entire source tree, modify it, and do a recursive diff
themselves.

Pennsylvania19073

Re: [OT] Respository [was Re: [PERFORM] Feature request:

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Shridhar Daithankar wrote:
>>I was wondering what people use to keep track of their personal development
>>especially when they do not have a cvs commit access.
>
> See the developer's FAQ.  They usually use cporig to make copies of
> files they are going to modify, then difforig to send the diffs to us,
> or they copy the entire source tree, modify it, and do a recursive diff
> themselves.

I used to use cvsup to get a full copy of the repository, and then work
locally out of that (check out and diff only).

Joe