Обсуждение: postgresql-7.4 make error: tuptoaster.c: In function `toast_delete_datum'

postgresql-7.4 make error: tuptoaster.c: In function `toast_delete_datum'

От
julius
Дата:
im not sure if this is the correct mailing list, please correct me if it is not.
my gcc is version 3.2, configure runs fine i deativated readline-support...but this error occours:

gcc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I../../../../src/include -D_GNU_SOURCE
-c -o tuptoaster.o tuptoaster.c

tuptoaster.c: In function `toast_delete_datum':
tuptoaster.c:973: `F_OIDEQ' undeclared (first use in this function)

any ideas

Re: postgresql-7.4 make error: tuptoaster.c: In function

От
"Roderick A. Anderson"
Дата:
On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, julius wrote:

> im not sure if this is the correct mailing list, please correct me if it is not.
> my gcc is version 3.2, configure runs fine i deativated readline-support...but this error occours:
>
> gcc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -I../../../../src/include
-D_GNU_SOURCE  -c -o tuptoaster.o tuptoaster.c

> tuptoaster.c: In function `toast_delete_datum':
> tuptoaster.c:973: `F_OIDEQ' undeclared (first use in this function)

I ran into the same thing when working with RPMs and the tarball(s).
This happened in a vserver (http://www.linux-vserver.org/) not in the main
server.  No solution at this time.  In fact I caved and used the pre-built
RPMs.  :-)  Good luck.

Rod
--    "Open Source Software - You usually get more than you pay for..."    "Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache
{middleware}PostgreSQL"

Re: postgresql-7.4 make error: tuptoaster.c: In function

Дата:
"Roderick A. Anderson" <raanders@acm.org> writes:
>> tuptoaster.c: In function `toast_delete_datum':
>> tuptoaster.c:973: `F_OIDEQ' undeclared (first use in this function)

> I ran into the same thing when working with RPMs and the tarball(s).

This suggests that the shell script src/backend/utils/Gen_fmgrtab.sh
failed to make a correct fmgroids.h file (probably it emitted an empty
file instead).  We have seen one or two reports of such failures in the
past, but AFAIR they boiled down to lack of awk or sed.  Seems unlikely
that you'd be lacking those tools on a standard Linux installation.
Can you dig into the script and see what's going wrong?  And why the
script isn't noticing?
        regards, tom lane