Обсуждение: FreeSpaceMap hashtable out of memory

FreeSpaceMap hashtable out of memory

От
"Maksim Likharev"
Дата:
Hi,
Using PG under Cygwin we having following error message during INSERT
INTO
"FreeSpaceMap hashtable out of memory".

What does that mean?
And if for a moment step out of knowledge 'PG under Cygwin', what in
general
this message is about and more important how to fix it?

Thank you.

Re: FreeSpaceMap hashtable out of memory

Дата:
"Maksim Likharev" <mlikharev@aurigin.com> writes:
> Using PG under Cygwin we having following error message during INSERT
> INTO
> "FreeSpaceMap hashtable out of memory".

Hm, that's not supposed to happen.  Can you create a reproducible
example?
        regards, tom lane

Re: FreeSpaceMap hashtable out of memory

От
"Maksim Likharev"
Дата:
It is problematic to produce small enough subset, due to large DB and
randomness of the situation.
But here is what we see in server log file, see below:

It seems like
WARNING:  ShmemAlloc: out of memory
ERROR:    FreeSpaceMap hashtable out of memory

goes together, does it related to the size of Shared Memory or could
increase of
Shared Memory solve the thing or that just a coincidence?

Another thing ( from the code) it seems that
hash_search trying to inset new entry into DynHash and cannot allocate
memory
in DynHash Context, so another question is DynHash Context upper
limited, another word
cannot grow more than 8 * 1024 * 1024 byte?

Any suggestions are welcome,
Thank you.

------------------- LOG
LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory and
semaphores
IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=4669440, 03600) failed: Not
enough
core

This error usually means that PostgreSQL's request for a shared
memory segment exceeded available memory or swap space.
To reduce the request size (currently 4669440 bytes), reduce
PostgreSQL's shared_buffers parameter (currently 256) and/or
its max_connections parameter (currently 128).

The PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide contains more information about
shared memory configuration.

Error 2: