Обсуждение: possible obvious bug?

possible obvious bug?

От
"Merlin Moncure"
Дата:
I was playing with the Japanese win32 7.2.1 port and I noticed that "select
0 / 0" caused the server to crash and restart.  I understand that it is a
totally unsupported version, but it should be easy enough to check vs. the
current version.  Note that select 0.0/0.0 worked fine!

Merlin

Re: possible obvious bug?

От
"Mario Weilguni"
Дата:
>I was playing with the Japanese win32 7.2.1 port and I noticed that "select
>0 / 0" caused the server to crash and restart.  I understand that it is a
>totally unsupported version, but it should be easy enough to check vs. the
>current version.  Note that select 0.0/0.0 worked fine!

Seems to work fine on my system.

postgres=# SELECT version();                              version
---------------------------------------------------------------------PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by
GCCegcs-2.91.66
(1 row)

postgres=# SELECT 0/0;
ERROR:  floating point exception! The last floating point operation either
exceeded legal ranges or was a divide by zero
postgres=#

Re: possible obvious bug?

От
Hannu Krosing
Дата:
Merlin Moncure kirjutas T, 26.11.2002 kell 08:00:
> I was playing with the Japanese win32 7.2.1 port and I noticed that "select
> 0 / 0" caused the server to crash and restart.  I understand that it is a
> totally unsupported version, but it should be easy enough to check vs. the
> current version.  Note that select 0.0/0.0 worked fine!

So what is the right answer ?

----------
Hannu

Re: possible obvious bug?

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On 27 Nov 2002, Hannu Krosing wrote:

> Merlin Moncure kirjutas T, 26.11.2002 kell 08:00:
> > I was playing with the Japanese win32 7.2.1 port and I noticed that "select
> > 0 / 0" caused the server to crash and restart.  I understand that it is a
> > totally unsupported version, but it should be easy enough to check vs. the
> > current version.  Note that select 0.0/0.0 worked fine!
>
> So what is the right answer ?

Maybe it's a locale oriented thing?

Re: possible obvious bug?

От
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Дата:
> Merlin Moncure kirjutas T, 26.11.2002 kell 08:00:
> > I was playing with the Japanese win32 7.2.1 port and I noticed that
"select
> > 0 / 0" caused the server to crash and restart.  I understand that it is
> > totally unsupported version, but it should be easy enough to check vs.
the
> > current version.  Note that select 0.0/0.0 worked fine!
>
> So what is the right answer ?

NaN :)

Chris

Re: possible obvious bug?

От
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Дата:
> > Merlin Moncure kirjutas T, 26.11.2002 kell 08:00:
> > > I was playing with the Japanese win32 7.2.1 port and I noticed that
"select
> > > 0 / 0" caused the server to crash and restart.  I understand that it
is a
> > > totally unsupported version, but it should be easy enough to check vs.
the
> > > current version.  Note that select 0.0/0.0 worked fine!
> >
> > So what is the right answer ?
>
> Maybe it's a locale oriented thing?

In 7.2.3 there seem to be two different messages:

usa=# select 0/0;
ERROR:  floating point exception! The last floating point operation either
exceeded legal ranges or was a divide by zero
usa=# select 0/0.0;
ERROR:  float8div: divide by zero error
usa=# select 0.0/0.0;
ERROR:  float8div: divide by zero error
usa=# select 0.0/0;
ERROR:  float8div: divide by zero error
usa=# select 1/0;
ERROR:  floating point exception! The last floating point operation either
exceeded legal ranges or was a divide by zero
usa=# select 1/0.0;