Обсуждение: an already existing alter table drop column ?!?!?!

an already existing alter table drop column ?!?!?!

От
"Gowey, Geoffrey"
Дата:
While looking through the code I found an already existing alter table drop
column in src/backend/parser/gram.y.  However, when I try to run it in psql
it comes back with a not implemented.  Was the left hand not talking to the
right hand when this was coded or is there more to this?

Geoff

Re: an already existing alter table drop column ?!?!?!

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Gowey, Geoffrey wrote:

> While looking through the code I found an already existing alter table drop
> column in src/backend/parser/gram.y.  However, when I try to run it in psql
> it comes back with a not implemented.  Was the left hand not talking to the
> right hand when this was coded or is there more to this?

IIRC, it was not enabled pending further discussion of the behavior.

Re: an already existing alter table drop column ?!?!?!

От
Hiroshi Inoue
Дата:
Stephan Szabo wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Gowey, Geoffrey wrote:
>
> > While looking through the code I found an already existing alter table drop
> > column in src/backend/parser/gram.y.  However, when I try to run it in psql
> > it comes back with a not implemented.  Was the left hand not talking to the
> > right hand when this was coded or is there more to this?
>
> IIRC, it was not enabled pending further discussion of the behavior.

As to 'DROP COLUMN', I neglected to remove _DROP_COLUMN_HACK__
stuff which has no meaing now sorry. I would remove it after
the 7.2 release.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Re: an already existing alter table drop column ?!?!?!

От
"Gowey, Geoffrey"
Дата:
Does this mean that the code is or isn't usable?

Geoff

> On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Gowey, Geoffrey wrote:
>
> > While looking through the code I found an already existing alter table
drop
> > column in src/backend/parser/gram.y.  However, when I try to run it in
psql
> > it comes back with a not implemented.  Was the left hand not talking to
the
> > right hand when this was coded or is there more to this?
>
> IIRC, it was not enabled pending further discussion of the behavior.

As to 'DROP COLUMN', I neglected to remove _DROP_COLUMN_HACK__
stuff which has no meaing now sorry. I would remove it after
the 7.2 release.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Re: an already existing alter table drop column ?!?!?!

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
isn't

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, Gowey, Geoffrey wrote:

> Does this mean that the code is or isn't usable?
>
> Geoff

Дата:
damn.  Is there a usable version being worked around? If so, how long before
it is available?

Geoff