Обсуждение: Anyone see any value in LockDisable/LockingDisabled mechanism?

Anyone see any value in LockDisable/LockingDisabled mechanism?

Дата:
In current sources, lock.c's LockDisable() function is called only
for bootstrapping or if the (useless) -L backend switch is used.
I have verified that it's not needed for bootstrapping: initdb
succeeds just fine without it.  Accordingly, I'm strongly tempted
to remove the function, the switch, and the tests for LockingDisabled()
in all the lock-related functions.  Does anyone see a reason to
keep 'em?
        regards, tom lane