Обсуждение: Patch list delay

Patch list delay

Дата:
I am getting presistant requests from people asking why their patches
haven't appeared on the patches list yet.  I have had it happen to me.

This is pretty serious because when you add another day of delay in
email delivery to the 1-2 days the patch sits in the patch queue, things
are getting out of sync.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: Patch list delay

Дата:
> I am getting presistant requests from people asking why their patches
> haven't appeared on the patches list yet.  I have had it happen to me.

I believe part of the problem is that pgsql-patches has the same size
limit (40K IIRC) as all the other lists for messages to go through
without approval.

ISTM that for pgsql-patches a larger limit would be appropriate, at
least a couple hundred K.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Patch list delay

Дата:
> > I am getting presistant requests from people asking why their patches
> > haven't appeared on the patches list yet.  I have had it happen to me.
>
> I believe part of the problem is that pgsql-patches has the same size
> limit (40K IIRC) as all the other lists for messages to go through
> without approval.
>
> ISTM that for pgsql-patches a larger limit would be appropriate, at
> least a couple hundred K.

Yes.  If I am on patches, I expect to receive big files.

Pennsylvania19026