Обсуждение: Problem with authentication in psql.

Problem with authentication in psql.

От
Vitalino
Дата:
Hi everybody,
   I have some problem with the Postgres user authentication. A user
with password was created by me, but when I tried to enter in psql using
that user I received a fail mesage.

$ psql -W template1 pagano
Password:
psql: Peer authentication failed for user 'pagano'
   Anybody knows what is happening?

Thanks for all.                           Vitalino.

Re: Problem with authentication in psql.

От
Peter Eisentraut
Vitalino writes:

>     I have some problem with the Postgres user authentication. A user
> with password was created by me, but when I tried to enter in psql using
> that user I received a fail mesage.
>
> $ psql -W template1 pagano
> Password:
> psql: Peer authentication failed for user 'pagano'

Official PostgreSQL sources don't have peer authentication.  You should
contact the provider of your package (Debian?).