Обсуждение: PlPerl.c patch

PlPerl.c patch

От
Travis Bauer
Дата:
I have attached a simple change to src/pl/plperl/plperl.c to
enable the :bash_math opcodes.  Currently plperl.c only
enables the :default opcodes.  This leave out about five of six
math functions including sqrt().

It might be worth considering allowing the user's to enable
other packages on the command line.  However, most of the other
packages allow you to do things like access the underlying file
system (as the owner of the backend process), make system calls,
and perform network operations.

The patch is off of the 7.0.3 released code.

Travis Bauer | CS Grad Student | IU |www.cs.indiana.edu/~trbauer

Re: PlPerl.c patch

> I have attached a simple change to src/pl/plperl/plperl.c to
> enable the :bash_math opcodes.  Currently plperl.c only
> enables the :default opcodes.  This leave out about five of six
> math functions including sqrt().

This seems like a reasonable change, but could we trouble you to
submit it in diff -c format?  Without the context it's way too
error-prone to apply.
        regards, tom lane

Re: PlPerl.c patch

От
Travis Bauer
Дата:
Attached.

Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:

> Travis Bauer <trbauer@indiana.edu> writes:
> > I have attached a simple change to src/pl/plperl/plperl.c to
> > enable the :bash_math opcodes.  Currently plperl.c only
> > enables the :default opcodes.  This leave out about five of six
> > math functions including sqrt().
>
> This seems like a reasonable change, but could we trouble you to
> submit it in diff -c format?  Without the context it's way too
> error-prone to apply.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Travis Bauer | CS Grad Student | IU |www.cs.indiana.edu/~trbauer

Re: PlPerl.c patch

Дата:
Thanks.  Applied.  (Tom already approved it.)

> Attached.
>
> Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>
> > Travis Bauer <trbauer@indiana.edu> writes:
> > > I have attached a simple change to src/pl/plperl/plperl.c to
> > > enable the :bash_math opcodes.  Currently plperl.c only
> > > enables the :default opcodes.  This leave out about five of six
> > > math functions including sqrt().
> >
> > This seems like a reasonable change, but could we trouble you to
> > submit it in diff -c format?  Without the context it's way too
> > error-prone to apply.
> >
> >             regards, tom lane

> Travis Bauer | CS Grad Student | IU |www.cs.indiana.edu/~trbauer

[ Attachment, skipping... ]