Обсуждение: Bruce Momjian's interview in LWN.

Bruce Momjian's interview in LWN.

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
In Linux Weekly News, an Interview with Bruce (from Nov 30):
http://lwn.net/2001/features/Momjian/

:-)

Go get'em, Bruce....
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Re: Bruce Momjian's interview in LWN.

Дата:
I announced this on Announce/General a few hours ago.

I wanted to mention that all general PostgreSQL news goes to those two
lists, on the assumption that all people are subscribed to either of
those two lists.

I don't post to hackers by default because I don't want to duplicate
these postings.

> In Linux Weekly News, an Interview with Bruce (from Nov 30):
> http://lwn.net/2001/features/Momjian/
>
> :-)
>
> Go get'em, Bruce....
> --
> Lamar Owen
> WGCR Internet Radio
> 1 Peter 4:11

Pennsylvania19026

Re: Bruce Momjian's interview in LWN.

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I announced this on Announce/General a few hours ago.
> I wanted to mention that all general PostgreSQL news goes to those two
> lists, on the assumption that all people are subscribed to either of
> those two lists.
> I don't post to hackers by default because I don't want to duplicate
> these postings.

Sorry to duplicate, but I had not received the post to general or
announce (to both of which I am subscribed) before posting.  But I will
keep in mind the new postings.  I also put it on the 'In The News' page
on the website (thanks Vince).

Now that I look through my inbox, I don't see the post anywhere.
Hmmm.... Not in trash either, which I didn't empty yesterday.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio
1 Peter 4:11

Re: Bruce Momjian's interview in LWN.

От
"Keith G. Murphy"
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:

And here I was thinking it was

post''-gre-see'-quel

:-)

Re: Bruce Momjian's interview in LWN.

Дата:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I announced this on Announce/General a few hours ago.
>
> > I wanted to mention that all general PostgreSQL news goes to those two
> > lists, on the assumption that all people are subscribed to either of
> > those two lists.
>
> > I don't post to hackers by default because I don't want to duplicate
> > these postings.
>
> Sorry to duplicate, but I had not received the post to general or
> announce (to both of which I am subscribed) before posting.  But I will
> keep in mind the new postings.  I also put it on the 'In The News' page
> on the website (thanks Vince).
>
> Now that I look through my inbox, I don't see the post anywhere.
> Hmmm.... Not in trash either, which I didn't empty yesterday.

That is strange.  I saw it on those lists.

I want to say I didn't phrase the email correctly.  Sorry.

First, I wanted to say thanks for saying you liked it.  Second,  I
wanted to make sure the people on hackers who want to see general
information are subscribed to either the 'general' list or the
'announce' list.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: Bruce Momjian's interview in LWN.

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Keith G. Murphy wrote:

> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> And here I was thinking it was
>
> post''-gre-see'-quel
>
> :-)

It's on the website in both WAV and MP3.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from
$16.00/moat Pop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop
Superstore   http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Re: Bruce Momjian's interview in LWN.

От
Vince Vielhaber
Дата:
On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > I announced this on Announce/General a few hours ago.
> >
> > > I wanted to mention that all general PostgreSQL news goes to those two
> > > lists, on the assumption that all people are subscribed to either of
> > > those two lists.
> >
> > > I don't post to hackers by default because I don't want to duplicate
> > > these postings.
> >
> > Sorry to duplicate, but I had not received the post to general or
> > announce (to both of which I am subscribed) before posting.  But I will
> > keep in mind the new postings.  I also put it on the 'In The News' page
> > on the website (thanks Vince).
> >
> > Now that I look through my inbox, I don't see the post anywhere.
> > Hmmm.... Not in trash either, which I didn't empty yesterday.
>
> That is strange.  I saw it on those lists.

So did I.  But lately I've noticed that mail sent to both hackers and
general or announcements and general, one will show up a long while
after the first.  One took two days to show up.  It was sent on the
9th (and I saw it on hackers that day) then on the 11th it showed up
as posted to general.  I didn't bother looking at the headers tho to
see where it was hung.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from
$16.00/moat Pop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop
Superstore   http://www.cloudninegifts.com

Re: Bruce Momjian's interview in LWN.

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
-announce is moderated, which means it has to be approved by myself ... I
*try* to get in nightly and approve what is in the queue, targetting
-announce items first, but sometimes time doesn't permit :(

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: Bruce Momjian's interview in LWN.

От
ncm@zembu.com (Nathan Myers)
Дата:
On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 10:00:40AM -0600, Keith G. Murphy wrote:
> And here I was thinking it was
>
> post''-gre-see'-quel

I pronounce it "postgres".  (I suspect that everybody else does
too, whenever possible.)  In English there's no problem with the
spelling differing from the pronunciation.  Making the name hard
to pronounce doesn't help anybody but Oracle.

Nathan Myers
ncm@zembu.com

Re: Bruce Momjian's interview in LWN.

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:
>Lamar Owen wrote:
> > Now that I look through my inbox, I don't see the post anywhere.
> > Hmmm.... Not in trash either, which I didn't empty yesterday.
> That is strange.  I saw it on those lists.

I've been seeing some odd e-mail propagation lately.....
> I want to say I didn't phrase the email correctly.  Sorry.

Oh, not a problem. You're famous for, er, non-verbosity.
> First, I wanted to say thanks for saying you liked it.  Second,  I
> wanted to make sure the people on hackers who want to see general
> information are subscribed to either the 'general' list or the
> 'announce' list.

First, you're welcome.  Second, understood and agreed.

:-)
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio
1 Peter 4:11

Re: Bruce Momjian's interview in LWN.

Дата:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >Lamar Owen wrote:
> > > Now that I look through my inbox, I don't see the post anywhere.
> > > Hmmm.... Not in trash either, which I didn't empty yesterday.
>
> > That is strange.  I saw it on those lists.
>
> I've been seeing some odd e-mail propagation lately.....
>
> > I want to say I didn't phrase the email correctly.  Sorry.
>
> Oh, not a problem. You're famous for, er, non-verbosity.

I am.  Hmm...

Pennsylvania19026

Re: Bruce Momjian's interview in LWN.

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> > Oh, not a problem. You're famous for, er, non-verbosity.
> I am.  Hmm...

*rofl*

No need to take that as a personal challenge to remove the "non-" from
Lamar's opinion... ;)
                   - Thomas