Обсуждение: switching txlog file in 7.1beta

switching txlog file in 7.1beta

От
Zeugswetter Andreas SB
Дата:
when doing txlog switches there seems to be a problem with remembering the
correct = active logfile, when the postmaster crashes.

This is one of the problems I tried to show up previously:You cannot rely on writes to other files except the txlog
itself!!!

Thus the current way of recording the active txlog seg and position in
pg_control is busted, and must be avoided. I would try to not use pg_control
for this at all, but scan the pg_xlog directory for this purpose.

cusejoua=# update journaleintrag set txt_funktion=trim(txt_funktion);
FATAL 2:  write(logfile 0 seg 2 off 4612096) failed: No such file or directory
pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.       This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
  before or while processing the request.

Andreas

PS: I am using -F (bad boy that I am :-)

Re: switching txlog file in 7.1beta

От
"Vadim Mikheev"
Дата:
> when doing txlog switches there seems to be a problem with remembering the
> correct = active logfile, when the postmaster crashes.
>
> This is one of the problems I tried to show up previously:
> You cannot rely on writes to other files except the txlog itself !!!

Why? If you handle those files specifically, as txlog itself.

> Thus the current way of recording the active txlog seg and position in
> pg_control is busted, and must be avoided. I would try to not use pg_control
> for this at all, but scan the pg_xlog directory for this purpose.
>
> cusejoua=# update journaleintrag set txt_funktion=trim(txt_funktion);
> FATAL 2:  write(logfile 0 seg 2 off 4612096) failed: No such file or directory
> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
>         This probably means the backend terminated abnormally

Can you start up db with --wal_debug=1 and send me output?

Vadim