Обсуждение: 7.0.1 is ready

7.0.1 is ready

Дата:
I have prepared the REL7_0_PATCHES tree for 7.0.1.  Here are the changes.

Release 7.0.1

This is basically a cleanup release for 7.0.1

Migration to v7.0.1

A dump/restore is not required for those running 7.0.

Changes
-------
Fix many CLUSTER failures (Tom)
Allow ALTER TABLE RENAME works on indexes (Tom)
Fix plpgsql to handle datetime->timestamp and timespan->interval (Bruce)
New configure --with-setproctitle switch to use setproctitle() (Marc, Bruce)
Fix the off by one errors in ResultSet from 6.5.3, and more.
jdbc ResultSet fixes (Joseph Shraibman)
optimizer tunings (Tom)
Fix create user for pgaccess
Fix for UNLISTEN failure
IRIX fixes (David Kaelbling)
QNX fixes (Andreas Kardos)
Reduce COPY IN lock level (Tom)
Change libpqeasy to use PQconnectdb() style parameters (Bruce)
Fix pg_dump to handle OID indexes (Tom)
Fix small memory leak (Tom)
Solaris fix for createdb/dropdb
Fix for non-blocking connections (Alfred Perlstein)
Fix improper recovery after RENAME TABLE failures (Tom)
Copy pg_ident.conf.sample into /lib directory in install (Bruce)

Pennsylvania19026

Re: 7.0.1 is ready

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
will wrap her up tomorrow and announce availability ...

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I have prepared the REL7_0_PATCHES tree for 7.0.1.  Here are the changes.

> Release 7.0.1
>
> This is basically a cleanup release for 7.0.1
>
> Migration to v7.0.1
>
> A dump/restore is not required for those running 7.0.
>
> Changes
> -------
> Fix many CLUSTER failures (Tom)
> Allow ALTER TABLE RENAME works on indexes (Tom)
> Fix plpgsql to handle datetime->timestamp and timespan->interval (Bruce)
> New configure --with-setproctitle switch to use setproctitle() (Marc, Bruce)
> Fix the off by one errors in ResultSet from 6.5.3, and more.
> jdbc ResultSet fixes (Joseph Shraibman)
> optimizer tunings (Tom)
> Fix create user for pgaccess
> Fix for UNLISTEN failure
> IRIX fixes (David Kaelbling)
> QNX fixes (Andreas Kardos)
> Reduce COPY IN lock level (Tom)
> Change libpqeasy to use PQconnectdb() style parameters (Bruce)
> Fix pg_dump to handle OID indexes (Tom)
> Fix small memory leak (Tom)
> Solaris fix for createdb/dropdb
> Fix for non-blocking connections (Alfred Perlstein)
> Fix improper recovery after RENAME TABLE failures (Tom)
> Copy pg_ident.conf.sample into /lib directory in install (Bruce)
>

> --
>   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: 7.0.1 is ready

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
> I have prepared the REL7_0_PATCHES tree for 7.0.1.  Here are the changes.

> Solaris fix for createdb/dropdb

done by me.

Could you add followings please?

Add SJIS UDC (NEC selection IBM kanji) support (Eiji Tokuya)
Fix too long syslog message (Tatsuo)
--
Tatsuo Ishii

Re: 7.0.1 is ready

Дата:
Done.

> > I have prepared the REL7_0_PATCHES tree for 7.0.1.  Here are the changes.

> > Solaris fix for createdb/dropdb
>
> done by me.
>
> Could you add followings please?
>
> Add SJIS UDC (NEC selection IBM kanji) support (Eiji Tokuya)
> Fix too long syslog message (Tatsuo)
> --
> Tatsuo Ishii

Pennsylvania19026

Re: 7.0.1 is ready

Дата:
OK, can someone test it to make sure it is OK?  Thanks.

> will wrap her up tomorrow and announce availability ...
>
> On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > I have prepared the REL7_0_PATCHES tree for 7.0.1.  Here are the changes.

> > Release 7.0.1
> >
> > This is basically a cleanup release for 7.0.1
> >
> > Migration to v7.0.1
> >
> > A dump/restore is not required for those running 7.0.
> >
> > Changes
> > -------
> > Fix many CLUSTER failures (Tom)
> > Allow ALTER TABLE RENAME works on indexes (Tom)
> > Fix plpgsql to handle datetime->timestamp and timespan->interval (Bruce)
> > New configure --with-setproctitle switch to use setproctitle() (Marc, Bruce)
> > Fix the off by one errors in ResultSet from 6.5.3, and more.
> > jdbc ResultSet fixes (Joseph Shraibman)
> > optimizer tunings (Tom)
> > Fix create user for pgaccess
> > Fix for UNLISTEN failure
> > IRIX fixes (David Kaelbling)
> > QNX fixes (Andreas Kardos)
> > Reduce COPY IN lock level (Tom)
> > Change libpqeasy to use PQconnectdb() style parameters (Bruce)
> > Fix pg_dump to handle OID indexes (Tom)
> > Fix small memory leak (Tom)
> > Solaris fix for createdb/dropdb
> > Fix for non-blocking connections (Alfred Perlstein)
> > Fix improper recovery after RENAME TABLE failures (Tom)
> > Copy pg_ident.conf.sample into /lib directory in install (Bruce)
> >

> > --
> >   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle
> >   pgman@candle.pha.pa.us               |  (610) 853-3000
> >   +  If your life is a hard drive,     |  830 Blythe Avenue
> >   +  Christ can be your backup.        |  Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania 19026
> >

> Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC Nick: Scrappy
> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org

Pennsylvania19026

RE: 7.0.1 is ready

От
Peter Mount
Дата:
Bruce, some more additions:

JDBC ResultSet.getTimestamp() fix (Gregory Krasnow & Floyd Marinescu)

Peter

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support

Re: 7.0.1 is ready

Дата:
Peter, I do not see these patches applied in the REL7_0_PATCHES tree.
If you went to send me a patch, I can apply it into the tree.

> Bruce, some more additions:
>
> JDBC ResultSet.getTimestamp() fix (Gregory Krasnow & Floyd Marinescu)
>
> Peter
>
> --
> Peter Mount
> Enterprise Support
> Maidstone Borough Council
> Any views stated are my own, and not those of Maidstone Borough Council.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: 7.0.1 is ready

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 01:59:04AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> OK, can someone test it to make sure it is OK?  Thanks.
> > > Changes
> > > -------

I hope the changes to ecpg are included to:

include ecpg version 2.7.1
include libecpg version 3.1.1

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De

Re: 7.0.1 is ready

Дата:
> On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 01:59:04AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > OK, can someone test it to make sure it is OK?  Thanks.
>
> I hope the changes to ecpg are included to:
>
> include ecpg version 2.7.1
> include libecpg version 3.1.1

Because these aren't specific items and because ecpg has its own
changelog file, I usually only mention that ecpg has changed without
giving details.

I will add a mention of ecpg changes.
Pennsylvania19026

Re: 7.0.1 is ready

Дата:
Got it.  I will put it under 7.0.1 and it will appear in 7.0.2.  Sorry I
was confused and did not put it in the first time.

> Bruce, some more additions:
>
> JDBC ResultSet.getTimestamp() fix (Gregory Krasnow & Floyd Marinescu)
>
> Peter
>
> --
> Peter Mount
> Enterprise Support
> Maidstone Borough Council
> Any views stated are my own, and not those of Maidstone Borough Council.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: 7.0.1 is ready

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 11:06:00AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Because these aren't specific items and because ecpg has its own
> changelog file, I usually only mention that ecpg has changed without
> giving details.
>
> I will add a mention of ecpg changes.

That's not really needed. I just wanted to make sure the changes are in.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Michael@Fam-Meskes.De
Go SF 49ers! Go Rhein Fire!
Use Debian GNU/Linux! Use PostgreSQL!

Re: 7.0.1 is ready

Дата:
> On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 11:06:00AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Because these aren't specific items and because ecpg has its own
> > changelog file, I usually only mention that ecpg has changed without
> > giving details.
> >
> > I will add a mention of ecpg changes.
>
> That's not really needed. I just wanted to make sure the changes are in.

Uh, how do I know if they are in?

Pennsylvania19026

RE: 7.0.1 is ready

От
Peter Mount
Дата:
Argh, I've still not got the hang of applying to a tree yet. It's in the
main development tree.

In both the org/postgresql/jdbc1/ResultSet.java and
org/postgresql/jdbc2/ResultSet.java files, the method getTimestamp() has a
line setting a SimpleDateFormat. It should read:

SimpleDateFormat df = new SimpleDateFormat("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss");

Peter

Дата:
Ah, ok. At first I thought I was loosing it ;-)