Обсуждение: PostgreSQL v7.0 goes Beta ...

PostgreSQL v7.0 goes Beta ...

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
Feb 22, 2000

Today, after 8 months of intensive development since our last release,
the PostgreSQL Global Development Group is proud to announce the first
Beta release of PostgreSQL 7.0.

Available at ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql-7.0beta1.tar.gz and
mirror sites around the world, this represents our first public view of
the upcoming release, schedualed for April 1st.

Please report any bugs to pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL v7.0 goes Beta ...

От
"Duncan Kinder"
Дата:
Marvelous.

May I ask what is new about v. 7.0?

Duncan C. Kinder
dckinder@mountain.net

> Today, after 8 months of intensive development since our last release,
> the PostgreSQL Global Development Group is proud to announce the first
> Beta release of PostgreSQL 7.0.
>
> Available at ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql-7.0beta1.tar.gz and
> mirror sites around the world, this represents our first public view of
> the upcoming release, schedualed for April 1st.
>
> Please report any bugs to pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org ...
>
> Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC Nick:
Scrappy
scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org

> ************

Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v7.0 goes Beta ...

Дата:
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> Available at ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql-7.0beta1.tar.gz and
> mirror sites around the world, this represents our first public view of
> the upcoming release, schedualed for April 1st.

Hmm, is it bad luck to plan a release for April Fools' Day?
        regards, tom lane

Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v7.0 goes Beta ...

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > Available at ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql-7.0beta1.tar.gz and
> > mirror sites around the world, this represents our first public view of
> > the upcoming release, schedualed for April 1st.
>
> Hmm, is it bad luck to plan a release for April Fools' Day?

Hrmmmm...since we've yet to actually release when we state we will, maybe
we'll release on time? :)

Re: [ANNOUNCE] PostgreSQL v7.0 goes Beta ...

Дата:
I am working on it now.  Give me a day.

> Marvelous.
>
> May I ask what is new about v. 7.0?
>
> Duncan C. Kinder
> dckinder@mountain.net

Don Baccus
Дата:
At 11:56 AM 2/22/00 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
>> Available at ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql-7.0beta1.tar.gz and
>> mirror sites around the world, this represents our first public view of
>> the upcoming release, schedualed for April 1st.
>
>Hmm, is it bad luck to plan a release for April Fools' Day?

It has always been my favorite release date.  We plan to release
the first full PG port of Ars Digita's web toolkit, including ecommmerce,
on April Fools Day.  I didn't realize that was the offical
PG7.0 release date but since we plan to use PG7.0 as our supported
platform I like the date even more!

Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL v7.0 goes Beta ...

От
Chris Bitmead
Tom Lane wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > Available at ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql-7.0beta1.tar.gz and
> > mirror sites around the world, this represents our first public view of
> > the upcoming release, schedualed for April 1st.
>
> Hmm, is it bad luck to plan a release for April Fools' Day?

The benefit is that if you accidently stuff up and people lose all their
data, you can always fall back to "APRIL FOOL!". :-)