Обсуждение: PC Week PostgreSQL benchmark results posted online (fwd)

PC Week PostgreSQL benchmark results posted online (fwd)

От
"Jeff MacDonald "
Дата:
Hi Guys,

Tim Dyck asked me to forward this on to the list.

*****************************

FYI, the story is available online at:

http://www.zdnet.com/pcweek/stories/news/0,4153,2436153,00.html

As I think I have mentioned, I would like to review PostgreSQL 7.0 when it
goes gold, so if someone could let me know when it is available, that
would be much appreciated.

(i can handle contacting him when it comes out.)

Regards,
Tim Dyck
Senior Analyst
PC Week Labs

Re: [HACKERS] PC Week PostgreSQL benchmark results posted online (fwd)

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> As I think I have mentioned, I would like to review PostgreSQL 7.0 when it
> goes gold, so if someone could let me know when it is available, that
> would be much appreciated.

A review of 7.0.1 would be a better choice ;)
                   - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Re: [HACKERS] PC Week PostgreSQL benchmark results posted online (fwd)

От
wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Дата:
> Tim Dyck asked me to forward this on to the list.
>
> *****************************
>
> FYI, the story is available online at:
>
> http://www.zdnet.com/pcweek/stories/news/0,4153,2436153,00.html
>
> As I think I have mentioned, I would like to review PostgreSQL 7.0 when it
> goes gold, so if someone could let me know when it is available, that
> would be much appreciated.
   And that'll be an interesting one. Just looked into the MSSQL   7.0 docs today.  They  don't  have  referential
actions! So   something  like ON UPDATE CASCADE/... must be implemented the   hard way as triggers.  Need to look it up
onceagain tomorrow   to see if constraints can be deferred or not.

   On  this detail, we already left at least one (and definitely   not the smallest) commercial database behind on  the
way  to   SQL3.

   Can someone take a look at Interbase, Oracle and others about   it?

Jan

Re: [HACKERS] PC Week PostgreSQL benchmark results posted online (fwd)

От
Jose Soares

Jan Wieck wrote:

> > Tim Dyck asked me to forward this on to the list.
> >
> > *****************************
> >
> > FYI, the story is available online at:
> >
> > http://www.zdnet.com/pcweek/stories/news/0,4153,2436153,00.html
> >
> > As I think I have mentioned, I would like to review PostgreSQL 7.0 when it
> > goes gold, so if someone could let me know when it is available, that
> > would be much appreciated.
>
>     And that'll be an interesting one. Just looked into the MSSQL
>     7.0 docs today.  They  don't  have  referential  actions!  So
>     something  like ON UPDATE CASCADE/... must be implemented the
>     hard way as triggers.  Need to look it up once again tomorrow
>     to see if constraints can be deferred or not.
>
>     On  this detail, we already left at least one (and definitely
>     not the smallest) commercial database behind on  the  way  to
>     SQL3.
>
>     Can someone take a look at Interbase, Oracle and others about
>     it?
>
> Jan
>
> --

Borland Interbase 4.0 syntax:

contraint_def:
{ PRIMARY KEY | UNIQUE (col [, col...] )
}

--
Jose' Soares
Bologna, Italy                     Jose@sferacarta.com