Обсуждение: FYI: BNF for SQL93 and SQL-3

FYI: BNF for SQL93 and SQL-3

От
Hannu Krosing
Дата:
Doing a Google search for SQL standards, I found a
wonderful page of links to SQL info, including the BNF
specs for SQL92 and SQL3. Not exactly gram.y but hopefully
close.

Could be helpful in deciphering what the standards say.

See: http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~shadow/sql.html

---------
Hannu

Re: [HACKERS] FYI: BNF for SQL93 and SQL-3

Дата:
> Doing a Google search for SQL standards, I found a
> wonderful page of links to SQL info, including the BNF
> specs for SQL92 and SQL3. Not exactly gram.y but hopefully
> close.
>
> Could be helpful in deciphering what the standards say.
>
> See: http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~shadow/sql.html

This is terrific.  We need this on our web page.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] FYI: BNF for SQL93 and SQL-3

От
Chris Bitmead
Дата:
Hannu Krosing wrote:

> Doing a Google search for SQL standards, I found a
> wonderful page of links to SQL info, including the BNF
> specs for SQL92 and SQL3. Not exactly gram.y but hopefully
> close.

How official is this? I get the feeling this might
be one guy's interpretation because it seems like
it is missing stuff.

Re: [HACKERS] FYI: BNF for SQL93 and SQL-3

От
Hannu Krosing
Дата:
Chris Bitmead wrote:

> Hannu Krosing wrote:
> >
> > Doing a Google search for SQL standards, I found a
> > wonderful page of links to SQL info, including the BNF
> > specs for SQL92 and SQL3. Not exactly gram.y but hopefully
> > close.
>
> How official is this? I get the feeling this might
> be one guy's interpretation because it seems like
> it is missing stuff.

I guess it is lifted from the standard as it was in september 1993.

OTOH, the SQL3 standard is still not final.

Hannu

Re: [HACKERS] FYI: BNF for SQL93 and SQL-3

От
Chris Bitmead
Дата:
> I guess it is lifted from the standard as it was in september 1993.
>
> OTOH, the SQL3 standard is still not final.

Is it progressing, or is it in disrepair?