Обсуждение: idea for compiling

idea for compiling

От
David Sauer
Дата:
Hello,
 I'am compiling a lot of sofware packages, which requires postgres header
files under /usr/local/pgsql. It is possible to provide little script, which will tell, where
components of postgresql are installed ?
 Something like:
$ pgsql-config --cflags pgsql
-I/opt/pgsql/include

$ pgsql-config --ldflags pgsql
-L/opt/pgsql/lib -lpq

Same script for java or perl will help
('pgsql-config --classpath pgsql-java'  will print: --classpath=/opt/pgsql/lib/postgresql.jar).
                               thanks,

p.s.: this isn't my idea, gnome or gtk does this ...
--
* David Sauer, student of Czech Technical University
* electronic mail: davids@orfinet.cz (mime compatible)

RE: [HACKERS] idea for compiling

От
Dmitry Samersoff
Дата:
On 03-Jun-99 David Sauer wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I'am compiling a lot of sofware packages, which requires postgres header
> files under /usr/local/pgsql.
>   It is possible to provide little script, which will tell, where
> components of postgresql are installed ?

IMHO, apropriate configure for your programs is the best way
from the other side you can use ENVPGLIB/PGDATA

---
Dmitry Samersoff, dms@wplus.net, ICQ:3161705
http://devnull.wplus.net
* There will come soft rains ...