Обсуждение: Call for updates!

Call for updates!

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
Hi. I'd like to update the ports list in the docs to include
references to v6.5 for the various platforms for which PostgreSQL-6.5b
has been tested.

The list is at:
 http://www.postgresql.org/docs/admin/ports.htm

Let me know what you are running or if you are running on a platform
not mentioned in the list. I've already gotten a report for
NetBSD/arm32 and have patches to move it into the "supported list".
                     - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Re: [HACKERS] Call for updates!

Дата:
BSDI 4.01.

> Hi. I'd like to update the ports list in the docs to include
> references to v6.5 for the various platforms for which PostgreSQL-6.5b
> has been tested.
>
> The list is at:
>
>   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/admin/ports.htm
>
> Let me know what you are running or if you are running on a platform
> not mentioned in the list. I've already gotten a report for
> NetBSD/arm32 and have patches to move it into the "supported list".
>
>                       - Thomas
>
> --
> Thomas Lockhart                lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu
> South Pasadena, California

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [HACKERS] Call for updates!

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
Will re-test tonight, but after the last round of patches for FreeBSD I
applied, all appeared well...

On Tue, 25 May 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> BSDI 4.01.
>

> > Hi. I'd like to update the ports list in the docs to include
> > references to v6.5 for the various platforms for which PostgreSQL-6.5b
> > has been tested.
> >
> > The list is at:
> >
> >   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/admin/ports.htm
> >
> > Let me know what you are running or if you are running on a platform
> > not mentioned in the list. I've already gotten a report for
> > NetBSD/arm32 and have patches to move it into the "supported list".
> >
> >                       - Thomas
> >
> > --
> > Thomas Lockhart                lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu
> > South Pasadena, California
> >

> --
>   Bruce Momjian                        |  http://www.op.net/~candle
>   maillist@candle.pha.pa.us            |  (610) 853-3000

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: [HACKERS] Call for updates!

От
Hannu Krosing
Дата:
The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> Hi. I'd like to update the ports list in the docs to include
> references to v6.5 for the various platforms for which PostgreSQL-6.5b
> has been tested.
>
> The list is at:
>
>   http://www.postgresql.org/docs/admin/ports.htm

Has PostgreSQL ever worked on Linux/ALPHA ?

I'm very likely to get one soon, and knowing that it works on Digital
Unix
and also on several Linuxes, it should not be too hard to make it work
on
ALPHA, but knowing that it already did would be even better.

I have also heard that Linux ALPHA can run Digital Unix binaries, so i
might
just ask for some friendly soul for precompiled binaries

Also, would the table splitting at at least 2GB be needed on 64bit
architectures ? If I'm not mistaken, then Linux 2.2 has a small patch
that
can make all off_t-s to long longs.

---------------Hannu Krosing

Re: [HACKERS] Call for updates!

От
"Oliver Elphick"
Дата:
Hannu Krosing wrote: >The Hermit Hacker wrote: >> Hi. I'd like to update the ports list in the docs to include >>
referencesto v6.5 for the various platforms for which PostgreSQL-6.5b >> has been tested. >> >> The list is at: >> >>
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/admin/ports.htm> >Has PostgreSQL ever worked on Linux/ALPHA ?

As far as I am aware, the Debian packages of postgresql (which I release
for Intel architecture) have been built for Alpha by Debian's Alpha
development team.  They should be available from the Debian ftp site and
mirrors. (See www.debian.org)

Isle of Wight                              http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver              PGP key from public servers; key
ID32B8FAA1                ========================================    "And Jesus answering said unto them, They that
are    whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. I     come not to call the righteous, but sinners to
repentance."                    Luke 5:31,32