Обсуждение: corba

corba

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
After having a talk with an analyst of META GROUP I believe that adding
CORBA support is THE most important addition we can make. It really seems a
lot is developing there. The one big problem CORBA still has of course is
performance.

Also they told me that there is no ORB that implements the full set of
functions, not even a commercial one. I'm a little bit suprised by that.

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Manager of the Western Branch Office, Datenrevision GmbH
work: Cuxhavener Str. 36, D-21149 Hamburg, Michael.Meskes@datenrevision.de

Re: [HACKERS] corba

От
Peter T Mount
Дата:
On Thu, 26 Nov 1998, Michael Meskes wrote:

> After having a talk with an analyst of META GROUP I believe that adding
> CORBA support is THE most important addition we can make. It really seems a
> lot is developing there. The one big problem CORBA still has of course is
> performance.

I've been reading up on CORBA over the last week, and I think it should be
a major goal to support it as well.

> Also they told me that there is no ORB that implements the full set of
> functions, not even a commercial one. I'm a little bit suprised by that.

I was at the Java 98 show at Olympia,London on Wednesday, and they had a
few CORBA based setups there. The only database system I recognised there
was Oracle.

Also, as I said on an earlier post, I've just discovered that Java 1.2
includes an orb as well, so we'll see more people having access to corba a
lot.

--
Peter Mount, IT Section
petermount@it.maidstone.gov.uk