Обсуждение: initdb problem and operator question

initdb problem and operator question

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
I cannot run initdb anymore.

initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/local1_template1.bki.source as input to create the
template database.
initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/global1.bki.source as input to create the
global classes.
initdb: using /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pg_hba.conf.sample as the host-based
authentication control file.

We are initializing the database system with username postgres (uid=31).
This user will own all the files and must also own the server process.

initdb: creating template database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1
Running: postgres -boot -C -F -D/usr/local/pgsql/data -Q template1
initdb: could not create template database
initdb: cleaning up by wiping out /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1

Using -d didn't show me much. I'm using the source I downloaded a few hours
ago. And this time I did a make clean; make all.

Also I'd like to know if the operator "->" is in use for something. I'd like
to use it for C variables to be able to do something like this:

select name into :structpointer->name

If it is used though I have to disable this feature.

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Project-Manager    | topsystem Systemhaus GmbH
meskes@topsystem.de                    | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20

Re: [HACKERS] initdb problem and operator question

От
"Thomas G. Lockhart"
Дата:
> I'd like to know if the operator "->" is in use for something. I'd
> like to use it for C variables to be able to do something like this:
>
> select name into :structpointer->name
>
> If it is used though I have to disable this feature.

Not currently used. afaik this syntax wasn't allowed in the Ingres
embedded SQL. Do other ones allow it? Perhaps you could implement it in
your scanner as a special case? That way, extra spaces could be used to
allow "->" to continue to be a potential Postgres operator...

                       - Tom

Re: [HACKERS] initdb problem and operator question

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
Thomas G. Lockhart writes:
> Not currently used. afaik this syntax wasn't allowed in the Ingres
> embedded SQL. Do other ones allow it? Perhaps you could implement it in

Not that I know of. But I like the possibility to allow it. And why
shouldn't we be better than the commercial ones? :-)

> your scanner as a special case? That way, extra spaces could be used to
> allow "->" to continue to be a potential Postgres operator...

You mean: :a->b means the variable and :a -> b means the operator? Sounds
good to me.

I'll check that

Michael