Обсуждение: cursor access doesn't work anmore

cursor access doesn't work anmore

От
Michael Meskes
Дата:
I execute PQexec(simple_connection, copiedquery); with copiedquery being
"declare cur cursor for select name , born from meskes " followed by another
call to PQexec with the command "fetch in cur ". I get an OK status back,
but no tuples. However, just using "select name , born from meskes;" in psql
gives me a correct list with five rows.

Two days ago when I tried this the last time it worked without a problem.
That is to say, I'm using the current snapshot I got from cvs this morning.

Should a problem with the development version be reported here, or on the
bugs list?

Michael
--
Dr. Michael Meskes, Project-Manager    | topsystem Systemhaus GmbH
meskes@topsystem.de                    | Europark A2, Adenauerstr. 20

Re: [HACKERS] cursor access doesn't work anmore

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Michael Meskes wrote:

> I execute PQexec(simple_connection, copiedquery); with copiedquery being
> "declare cur cursor for select name , born from meskes " followed by another
> call to PQexec with the command "fetch in cur ". I get an OK status back,
> but no tuples. However, just using "select name , born from meskes;" in psql
> gives me a correct list with five rows.
>
> Two days ago when I tried this the last time it worked without a problem.
> That is to say, I'm using the current snapshot I got from cvs this morning.
>
> Should a problem with the development version be reported here, or on the
> bugs list?

    Here works...is anyone even using bugs?

Re: [HACKERS] cursor access doesn't work anmore

> I execute PQexec(simple_connection, copiedquery); with copiedquery being
> "declare cur cursor for select name , born from meskes " followed by another
> call to PQexec with the command "fetch in cur ". I get an OK status back,
> but no tuples. However, just using "select name , born from meskes;" in psql
> gives me a correct list with five rows.
>
> Two days ago when I tried this the last time it worked without a problem.
> That is to say, I'm using the current snapshot I got from cvs this morning.
>
> Should a problem with the development version be reported here, or on the
> bugs list?

Have you done initdb.  We changed things recently.

maillist@candle.pha.pa.us

Re: [HACKERS] cursor access doesn't work anmore

От
Mattias Kregert
Дата:
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Have you done initdb.  We changed things recently.

Shouldn't PG_VERSION be changed every time something changes in the
database file formats?

It is now set to 6.3, but should probably be 6.3.<something>

As I understand it, this is the place where the backend can look and
decide if it can access the files or not.

/* m */

Re: [HACKERS] cursor access doesn't work anmore

От
Peter T Mount
Дата:
On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, Mattias Kregert wrote:

> Shouldn't PG_VERSION be changed every time something changes in the
> database file formats?
>
> It is now set to 6.3, but should probably be 6.3.<something>
>
> As I understand it, this is the place where the backend can look and
> decide if it can access the files or not.

I would have thought so, yes. However, not until 6.3 is released. Until
then, the files can change often.

Remember, were in beta. If we changed it before release, then we would get
questions like "Why does PG_VERSION show 6.3.9 when I'm running 6.3?"

I think the only time this should change is between public
releases/subreleases.

--
Peter T Mount  petermount@earthling.net or pmount@maidast.demon.co.uk
Main Homepage: http://www.demon.co.uk/finder