Обсуждение: Chinese patch for Pgaccess

Chinese patch for Pgaccess

От
"He Weiping(Laser Henry)"
Hi all:
    The attachement is the Chinese (GB) patch for PgAccess, don't know
if it's correct to post here.
It's simple to do the translation, And I've test in 7.0.2 & current CVS,
seems pretty good.
If anyone want this little thing, I'll very happy.
use it is very simple, just gunzip it and copy to
$PGDIR/share/pgaccess/lib/languages/ for current CVS version,
and $PGDIR/pgaccess/lib/languages/ for 7.0*
BTW: I havn't got the tools to translate it to BIG5 encoding, is there
anybody to to it?

Regards

Laser

Вложения

Re: Chinese patch for Pgaccess

> Hi all:
>     The attachement is the Chinese (GB) patch for PgAccess, don't know
> if it's correct to post here.
> It's simple to do the translation, And I've test in 7.0.2 & current CVS,
> seems pretty good.
> If anyone want this little thing, I'll very happy.
> use it is very simple, just gunzip it and copy to
> $PGDIR/share/pgaccess/lib/languages/ for current CVS version,
> and $PGDIR/pgaccess/lib/languages/ for 7.0*
> BTW: I havn't got the tools to translate it to BIG5 encoding, is there
> anybody to to it?

OK, I have added this to the other pgaccess language files.

Re: Chinese patch for Pgaccess

От
Tatsuo Ishii
> > Hi all:
> >     The attachement is the Chinese (GB) patch for PgAccess, don't know
> > if it's correct to post here.
> > It's simple to do the translation, And I've test in 7.0.2 & current CVS,
> > seems pretty good.
> > If anyone want this little thing, I'll very happy.
> > use it is very simple, just gunzip it and copy to
> > $PGDIR/share/pgaccess/lib/languages/ for current CVS version,
> > and $PGDIR/pgaccess/lib/languages/ for 7.0*
> > BTW: I havn't got the tools to translate it to BIG5 encoding, is there
> > anybody to to it?
>
> OK, I have added this to the other pgaccess language files.

I think the file name (src/bin/pgaccess/lib/languages/chinese) is not
appropriate. There are several encodings for Chinese including
GB(EUC-CN), Big5, EUC-TW. At least we should be able to distinguish
them. What about "chinese(GB)" or whatever?
--
Tatsuo Ishii

Re: [INTERFACES] Re: Chinese patch for Pgaccess

> > > Hi all:
> > >     The attachement is the Chinese (GB) patch for PgAccess, don't know
> > > if it's correct to post here.
> > > It's simple to do the translation, And I've test in 7.0.2 & current CVS,
> > > seems pretty good.
> > > If anyone want this little thing, I'll very happy.
> > > use it is very simple, just gunzip it and copy to
> > > $PGDIR/share/pgaccess/lib/languages/ for current CVS version,
> > > and $PGDIR/pgaccess/lib/languages/ for 7.0*
> > > BTW: I havn't got the tools to translate it to BIG5 encoding, is there
> > > anybody to to it?
> >
> > OK, I have added this to the other pgaccess language files.
>
> I think the file name (src/bin/pgaccess/lib/languages/chinese) is not
> appropriate. There are several encodings for Chinese including
> GB(EUC-CN), Big5, EUC-TW. At least we should be able to distinguish
> them. What about "chinese(GB)" or whatever?

Renamed to chinese-gb.

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [INTERFACES] Re: Chinese patch for Pgaccess

От
"He Weiping(Laser Henry)"

> > appropriate. There are several encodings for Chinese including
> > GB(EUC-CN), Big5, EUC-TW. At least we should be able to distinguish
> > them. What about "chinese(GB)" or whatever?
>
> Renamed to chinese-gb.

I think chinese-gb is ok, thanks!

Regards

Laser

Re: [HACKERS] Re: [INTERFACES] Re: Chinese patch for Pgaccess

> > > appropriate. There are several encodings for Chinese including
> > > GB(EUC-CN), Big5, EUC-TW. At least we should be able to distinguish
> > > them. What about "chinese(GB)" or whatever?
> >
> > Renamed to chinese-gb.
> >

> I think chinese-gb is ok, thanks!

I ended up using chinese_gb.  The underscore was more consistent.