Обсуждение: RE: [NOVICE] RE: Sizing of LARGE databases.

RE: [NOVICE] RE: Sizing of LARGE databases.

От
"Michael Miyabara-McCaskey"
Дата:
Francisco,

Excellent idea.

Thanks for the info.  Is this what you are doing now?  And if so, since the
current version does not appear to have replication, have you found a
workaround?

-Michael

Francisco Reyes
Дата:
On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Michael Miyabara-McCaskey wrote:

> Francisco,
>
> Excellent idea.
>
> Thanks for the info.  Is this what you are doing now?  And if so, since the
> current version does not appear to have replication, have you found a
> workaround?
> -Michael

I am new to PostgreSQL so I haven't tried that yet.
As I understand 7.1 is not far from been released. Maybe weeks, maybe a
month or two.

I am right now in the process of doing some initial testing. In particular
I am going to be testing the best way to do bulk uploads.

do you have any experience with this?
I created a test table in Foxpro which I then dumped to tab delimited
file. I am going to try 10,000,000 records.

I plan to test:
- copy from
- inserts
- Mass updates by using deletes first of existing rows and inserting
rest
- Mass updates by using updates of existing rows and inserting rest

Speed of import/updates is important to me because I am going to create a
reporting server as my first project. I will need to do either nightly
dumps of the whole thing or nightly completes and daily updates from the
Foxpro tables.