Обсуждение: pg_trgm authors

pg_trgm authors

От
Oleg Bartunov
Дата:
Attached is a small patch to pg_trgm documentation, which indicates
Alexander Korotkov as co-author. He made a lot of improvements to
pg_trgm and I think it's fair to mention him as author too.

Regards,
Oleg

Вложения

Re: pg_trgm authors

Дата:
On Mon, Aug  8, 2016 at 03:20:01PM +0300, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
> Attached is a small patch to pg_trgm documentation, which indicates
> Alexander Korotkov as co-author. He made a lot of improvements to
> pg_trgm and I think it's fair to mention him as author too.

Thanks, patch applied to head.

Re: pg_trgm authors

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On 8 August 2016 at 19:02, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug  8, 2016 at 03:20:01PM +0300, Oleg Bartunov wrote:
>> Attached is a small patch to pg_trgm documentation, which indicates
>> Alexander Korotkov as co-author. He made a lot of improvements to
>> pg_trgm and I think it's fair to mention him as author too.
>
> Thanks, patch applied to head.

My understanding was that we didn't mention authors anymore on contrib modules?

I remember various people's names being removed some years back.

Certainly, not all contrib modules have authors listed.

Either we should remove them all or add others back in. Which should we do?

Re: pg_trgm authors

Дата:
> My understanding was that we didn't mention authors anymore on contrib modules?

There's been some discussion of instituting such a policy, but we haven't
really done it yet; certainly nobody's ventured to remove the credits
sections that are there.  (A quick grep for "Authors" finds about ten
such sections in the SGML docs.)

If we want to consider making that policy, probably -hackers would be
a more appropriate place to discuss it.

            regards, tom lane