Обсуждение: Non-holoalphabetic sentence in docs

Non-holoalphabetic sentence in docs

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
Hi all,

Someone added a comment to the docs mentioning that an example
attempting to use a well-known panagram is actually not the intended
panagram.  They also point out that this isn't important, but it's
still probably wrong.

It appears here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/functions-matching.html#FUNCTIONS-POSIX-REGEXP

"the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog"

"the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"

Thanks

Thom

Re: Non-holoalphabetic sentence in docs

Дата:
Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> writes:
> Someone added a comment to the docs mentioning that an example
> attempting to use a well-known panagram is actually not the intended
> panagram.  They also point out that this isn't important, but it's
> still probably wrong.

At least it would grate on somebody's nerves once they'd noticed it.
Fixed in HEAD.

            regards, tom lane

Re: Non-holoalphabetic sentence in docs

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
On 16 May 2013 17:33, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> writes:
>> Someone added a comment to the docs mentioning that an example
>> attempting to use a well-known panagram is actually not the intended
>> panagram.  They also point out that this isn't important, but it's
>> still probably wrong.
>
> At least it would grate on somebody's nerves once they'd noticed it.
> Fixed in HEAD.

Thanks Tom.

Also, s/panagram/pangram/ in my own email.

Thom