Обсуждение: separate Privileges section for SQL reference pages?

separate Privileges section for SQL reference pages?

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
It occurred to me that it could be useful to separate the information
about which privileges are necessary for a certain SQL command into a
separate section "Privileges" on each SQL command reference page.
Currently, this information is usually distributed across the
Description and Notes sections and sometimes hard to find.

What do you think about this?

Re: separate Privileges section for SQL reference pages?

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Excerpts from Peter Eisentraut's message of mar abr 17 14:40:37 -0300 2012:
> It occurred to me that it could be useful to separate the information
> about which privileges are necessary for a certain SQL command into a
> separate section "Privileges" on each SQL command reference page.
> Currently, this information is usually distributed across the
> Description and Notes sections and sometimes hard to find.
>
> What do you think about this?

Sounds good to me.

Re: separate Privileges section for SQL reference pages?

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Peter Eisentraut's message of mar abr 17 14:40:37 -0300 2012:
>> It occurred to me that it could be useful to separate the information
>> about which privileges are necessary for a certain SQL command into a
>> separate section "Privileges" on each SQL command reference page.
>> Currently, this information is usually distributed across the
>> Description and Notes sections and sometimes hard to find.
>>
>> What do you think about this?
>
> Sounds good to me.

Same here.  I think that would be a really great improvement.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: separate Privileges section for SQL reference pages?

От
gabrielle
Дата:
On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> It occurred to me that it could be useful to separate the information
> about which privileges are necessary for a certain SQL command into a
> separate section "Privileges" on each SQL command reference page.
> Currently, this information is usually distributed across the
> Description and Notes sections and sometimes hard to find.
>
> What do you think about this?

I think this is a great idea.  Do you need help?

gabrielle