Обсуждение: "make postgres.pdf" doesn't work

"make postgres.pdf" doesn't work

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
It dies with

$ make postgres.pdf
cp /pgsql/source/900orig/doc/src/sgml/../graphics/postgres.gif .
cp: ne peut évaluer `/pgsql/source/900orig/doc/src/sgml/../graphics/postgres.gif': Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce
type

Is it supposed to work?  If so, where do we get the postgres.gif file
from?

--
Alvaro Herrera                         http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvherre/
"En el principio del tiempo era el desencanto.  Y era la desolación.  Y era

Re: "make postgres.pdf" doesn't work

От
Kris Jurka
Дата:
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> It dies with
>
> $ make postgres.pdf
> cp /pgsql/source/900orig/doc/src/sgml/../graphics/postgres.gif .
> cp: ne peut évaluer `/pgsql/source/900orig/doc/src/sgml/../graphics/postgres.gif': Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce
type

> Is it supposed to work?  If so, where do we get the postgres.gif file
> from?

You need to say "make postgres-US.pdf" or -A4.

Kris Jurka

Re: "make postgres.pdf" doesn't work

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Kris Jurka wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> It dies with
>> $ make postgres.pdf
>> cp /pgsql/source/900orig/doc/src/sgml/../graphics/postgres.gif .
>> cp: ne peut évaluer
>> `/pgsql/source/900orig/doc/src/sgml/../graphics/postgres.gif': Aucun
>> fichier ou répertoire de ce type
>> Is it supposed to work?  If so, where do we get the postgres.gif file
>> from?
>
> You need to say "make postgres-US.pdf" or -A4.

Thanks, that "works" (in the sense that some commands are run).  I still
can't generate the PDFs but that seems because I need to do some
modification to TeX "according to jadetex installation instructions".
Of course, having installed jadetex with aptitude, I cannot seem to find
those instructions anywhere.

--
Alvaro Herrera                         http://www.flickr.com/photos/alvherre/
"I must say, I am absolutely impressed with what pgsql's implementation of

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

>> You need to say "make postgres-US.pdf" or -A4.
>
> Thanks, that "works" (in the sense that some commands are run).  I still
> can't generate the PDFs but that seems because I need to do some
> modification to TeX "according to jadetex installation instructions".
> Of course, having installed jadetex with aptitude, I cannot seem to find
> those instructions anywhere.

I'm not sure what error you're hitting, but since the pg manual is quite
large you've got to up some tex limits.  Attached is my jadetex config
for debain unstable.  It goes in /etc/texmf/texmf.d and you need to run
update-texmf after changing it.

Kris Jurka

Вложения