Обсуждение: Forwarded mail...

Forwarded mail...

Дата:
Any ideas on this?  Are we missing images?

I wonder where are the figures in the document"PostgreSQL 7.3b2 Developer's
Guide".

Thanks,

Re: Forwarded mail...

Дата:
> Any ideas on this?  Are we missing images?

Perhaps he's unhappy about the incomplete transaction of arch-dev.sgml.
It looks to me like the figures in the LaTeX original never got merged
in, leading to stuff like this:

    throughout concurrent data access. Figure
    \ref{connection} illustrates the interaction of the master process
    <literal>postmaster</literal> the server process
    <literal>postgres</literal> and a client application.

Right offhand, I can't see where the images in doc/src/graphics/
are being used anymore, either.  They used to be used, no?

            regards, tom lane

Re: Forwarded mail...

От
Peter Eisentraut
Tom Lane writes:

> Right offhand, I can't see where the images in doc/src/graphics/
> are being used anymore, either.  They used to be used, no?

Yes, but they looked pretty ugly both in web and in print format and they
didn't have much relevance anymore.  It might be interesting if someone
wanted to create a new ER view of the system catalogs, but with the
since-developed chapter describing all those we've completed our
documentation duty.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net