Обсуждение: how to I connect ODBC to PostgreSQL in NT?

how to I connect ODBC to PostgreSQL in NT?

От
nt@atleastitisnotwindows.com
Дата:
I read ll the documentation I can find in the PostgreSQL 7.1.1
download and searched the web a dozen different ways but have not
found the magic page that says how to install PostgreSQL ODBC in NT.
Is there a page I am missing?

There are lots of pages saying
"I installed PostgreSQL ODBC and have this problem..."
They typically refer to an old PostgreSQL or an independent ODBC
driver.

There is a psqlodbc.dll in one directory but not one line about what
to run to be able to use it in ODBC.  MySQL installed their ODBC
driver automatically with the Win32 binary. PostgreSQL documentation
has a lot of hints that ODBC is available but not a line that says
"run this" or "copy that".

Re: how to I connect ODBC to PostgreSQL in NT?

От
nt@atleastitisnotwindows.com
Дата:
On Sat, 12 May 2001 22:18:52 GMT, nt@atleastitisnotwindows.com wrote:

>I read ll the documentation I can find in the PostgreSQL 7.1.1
>download and searched the web a dozen different ways but have not
>found the magic page that says how to install PostgreSQL ODBC in NT.
>Is there a page I am missing?
>
>There are lots of pages saying
>"I installed PostgreSQL ODBC and have this problem..."
>They typically refer to an old PostgreSQL or an independent ODBC
>driver.
>
>There is a psqlodbc.dll in one directory but not one line about what
>to run to be able to use it in ODBC.  MySQL installed their ODBC
>driver automatically with the Win32 binary. PostgreSQL documentation
>has a lot of hints that ODBC is available but not a line that says
>"run this" or "copy that".

Found it. I had to download an old ODBC to get the magic page.

Copy psqlodbc.dll to c:/winnt/system32
Find and run psqlodbc.reg (somewhere in distribution directories)

Re: Re: how to I connect ODBC to PostgreSQL in NT?

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
Hi,

There are also :

http://odbc.postgresql.org
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/oresources.php#odbc
http://www.greatbridge.org/project/psqlodbcplus/projdisplay.php
http://www.unixodbc.org/

Hope this is helpful.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

nt@atleastitisnotwindows.com wrote:

> On Sat, 12 May 2001 22:18:52 GMT, nt@atleastitisnotwindows.com wrote:
>
> >I read ll the documentation I can find in the PostgreSQL 7.1.1
> >download and searched the web a dozen different ways but have not
> >found the magic page that says how to install PostgreSQL ODBC in NT.
> >Is there a page I am missing?
> >
> >There are lots of pages saying
> >"I installed PostgreSQL ODBC and have this problem..."
> >They typically refer to an old PostgreSQL or an independent ODBC
> >driver.
> >
> >There is a psqlodbc.dll in one directory but not one line about what
> >to run to be able to use it in ODBC.  MySQL installed their ODBC
> >driver automatically with the Win32 binary. PostgreSQL documentation
> >has a lot of hints that ODBC is available but not a line that says
> >"run this" or "copy that".
> >
> Found it. I had to download an old ODBC to get the magic page.
>
> Copy psqlodbc.dll to c:/winnt/system32
> Find and run psqlodbc.reg (somewhere in distribution directories)

     - Indira Gandhi

Re: how to I connect ODBC to PostgreSQL in NT?

От
nt@atleastitisnotwindows.com
Дата:
On Sun, 13 May 2001 08:15:05 +0000 (UTC), justin@postgresql.org
(Justin Clift) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>There are also :
>
>http://odbc.postgresql.org

The link is exactly what I needed. Thank you.

I think it should be mentioned in  FAQ_MSWIN under "Other tools you
might need".