Обсуждение: typo found.

typo found.

От
"He Weiping (Laser Henry)"
Дата:
in catalog.sgml
line 1324:
"left-hand" should be "right-hand"

BTW: new document looks very good!
And the new configure/build process seems much better then before!

Thanks!

Laser

Re: typo found.

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> in catalog.sgml
> line 1324:
> "left-hand" should be "right-hand"

Thanks. Got it.

                    - Thomas

Re: typo found.

Дата:
Sorry, I applied.  I will backout.

> > in catalog.sgml
> > line 1324:
> > "left-hand" should be "right-hand"
>
> Thanks. Got it.
>
>                     - Thomas

Re: typo found.

Дата:
Backed out.  Thomas has it in his copy when he updates.

> > in catalog.sgml
> > line 1324:
> > "left-hand" should be "right-hand"
>
> Thanks. Got it.
>
>                     - Thomas

Re: typo found.

Дата:
Thanks.  Applied.
[ Charset gb2312 unsupported, skipping... ]

Re: typo found.

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
The way it is now (before your patch/after backout) is correct.  Please
read the text in case of confusion.

Bruce Momjian writes:

> Backed out.  Thomas has it in his copy when he updates.
>
> > > in catalog.sgml
> > > line 1324:
> > > "left-hand" should be "right-hand"
> >
> > Thanks. Got it.
> >
> >                     - Thomas

Re: typo found.

Дата:
> The way it is now (before your patch/after backout) is correct.

Agreed.  The entry in question is for oprrsortop, which certainly
applies to the right-hand type not the left-hand.

I do have a gripe with the entry just above that for "oprnegate":
it defines the oprnegate field as linking to the "inverse" operator.
This is not correct for the generally understood meaning of inverse.
I'd say just write "Negator of this operator, if any".  If anyone isn't
sure about that, they can read about it in xoper.html ... but "inverse"
is likely to leave people believing the wrong thing.

            regards, tom lane

Re: typo found.

Дата:
Changed to Negator.

> > The way it is now (before your patch/after backout) is correct.
>
> Agreed.  The entry in question is for oprrsortop, which certainly
> applies to the right-hand type not the left-hand.
>
> I do have a gripe with the entry just above that for "oprnegate":
> it defines the oprnegate field as linking to the "inverse" operator.
> This is not correct for the generally understood meaning of inverse.
> I'd say just write "Negator of this operator, if any".  If anyone isn't
> sure about that, they can read about it in xoper.html ... but "inverse"
> is likely to leave people believing the wrong thing.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Re: typo found.

Дата:
Seems my backout didn't take.  You are seeing the correction, which I
will leave in place.